Red Dead Redemption hooking problem

Home Forums Technical Support Red Dead Redemption hooking problem

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Godislove4u : If you still have trouble hooking the game please make sure that you didn’t accidentally check the ‘Don’t optimize game settings’ checkbox in the config app. vorpX needs to adjust settings to select DirectX 12 and apply a few other tweaks.

If this checkbox is already unchecked and hooking the game still does not work, please make sure that ‘DirectX 12’ is selected as rendering API in the game’s graphics options, not ‘Vulkan’.

Jesustilloves
    Participant

Should block game overlays be checked ?

Jesusaves! Romans 8:28

Ralf
    Keymaster

Normally yes, but can’t hurt to try without.

Jesustilloves
    Participant

Does it matter if game is on my e/drive or does it need to be on c/ ? Also is it alright if I place the game on very low graphics settings to free up ram ?

Jesustilloves
    Participant

One last thing,should I purchase it on rockstar or epic ? It was refunded.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If it still does not work after checking the above, please do a full factory reset in the vorpX config app (trouble shooting page).

If you continue to have the issue after the factory reset, please check your PC for programs that might interfere with vorpX hooking the game. You can find more detailed information on the matter either in the vorpX help or in the trouble shooting post here on the forum.

user77
    Participant

In my case the game works well without vorpx.
    With Vorpx it hooks well, but if i start the story i will get a loading screen loop.

I bought the rockstar launcher version,
    i did a factory reset to vorpx,
    set dx12, 3200×2880 window resolution

What should i try ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please first try with a lowered resolution, ideally something common, just in case 3200×2880 is too high for the game with vorpX running on your machine. Apart from that please also check for potential hooking conflicts. I wouldn’t rule out that some other app (e.g. some overlay) that hooks the same routines as vorpX could potentially cause an infinite loop whith vorpX hooked into the game.

Jesustilloves
    Participant

So I was told no functioning positional tracking available for it. Is that correct ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Z3D games per se only have positional tracking if it is handled via DirectVR, which is not the case here. Hope that answers your many questions for now, I’m somewhat out of answers. 🙂

Jesustilloves
    Participant

Great responses to all my tedious questions.Onemore…is it possible to get rdr2 directvr in the future ? I see the fix for gta5 coupled with the gtavr mod has positional tracking but no directvr so I thought it possible.Anyway if it was able sure you would of figured it out.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is nothing to share in this regard at this point. If that changes in future, I’ll let you know.

Jesustilloves
    Participant

Not sure what fixed this but it boots and hooks easily just now to crack this next issue of the 3d appearing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.