Read Dead Redemption 2 HTC Vive problem

Home Forums Technical Support Read Dead Redemption 2 HTC Vive problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    shr84
    Participant

when i launch the game with vorpx on the HTC VIVE i only get an extremely stretched screen, to a degree that there is no visible picture.Only if i disable 3d reconstruction completely (OFF) i get an actual screen with graphics how the game shoud look like (but without stereoscopic 3d, so kinda pointless)
    I only have the other two options, geomethry 3d isnt choseable.
    So i asking myself if this game atm is only compatible with the oculus device, cause i saw a video on youtube of a guy who played this game with vorpx on the oculus and it worked flawlessly (at least when it came to see an actual picture)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please run the game either in ‘true’ fullscreen mode or windowed, not borderless fullscreen, which may cause stretching if you select a resolution with an aspect ratio other than your monitor. You can change that in the game’s graphics options. The same is true for many newer games with borderless fullscreen modes.

shr84
    Participant

its not just stretched… its basically a complete black or white screen thats displayed.can anybody else with a vive can confirm that?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I misunderstood your issue then, sorry. Sounds as if vorpX could not find the right depth buffer texture. If you have changed any settings in the game’s graphics options, please reset them to default. Let me know whether that helps.

shr84
    Participant

ok will do

shr84
    Participant

unfortunately it didnt helped.i revertet to standard settings in graphics.only thing i changed then was to fullscreen and 1920×1080.by doing this the game crashed 4 times.I also checked that dx12 is enabled and not vulkan.I also set the rdr2 vorpx profile to factory reset.Still dont work.when i deactivate 3d reconstruction i get a picture in the headset oO?
    I also launched Vorpx with and without admin rights

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’d like to check your vorpX log file and system config. Please create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and send it to support |at| vorpx com.

shr84
    Participant

ok gonna do that now

shr84
    Participant

i resetet vorpx to factory settings and now its working.
    unfortunatly all my game profiles are gone for good…
    Sadly i had to came to the conclusion that my 1050 isnt capable to run this game at at least 45 fps, even with medium graphics settings.
    But thats not vorpx´s fault

Ralf
    Keymaster

While that will not help you anymore this time: you can save profiles to your harddisk on the local profiles page by dragging them from the profiles list to your desktop. That way you can save important profiles before doing a factory reset.

shr84
    Participant

good to know for the future

Jesustilloves
    Participant

So you basically did a full vorpx uninstall and install to get the problem fixed ?

Jesusaves! Romans 8:28

Jesustilloves
    Participant

I did a full uninstall and reinstall but got the same thing,scrambled bars across the screen.

Jesustilloves
    Participant

So with epic launcher I cant launch the game but through epic.Tried to rename the exe file and use a gta 5 profile to launch the game.It only launches from epic.

Jesustilloves
    Participant

Get shr84,
    Please explain what you did in detail as to reset vorpx to factory settings ? I think I did that and reinstalled the game and set the game to default.I get the same each time.You got the same problem but managed to fix.I use wmr odyssey first gen.Game starts great better than before and vorpx hooks great but no 3d reconstruction.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.