Red Dead Redemption…

Home Forums General vorpX Discussion Red Dead Redemption…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    nieda113
    Participant

hi almost finshed downloading the 109 gb . Three more hours….

steph12
    Participant

you still have 5 days to dl the game.

dborosev
    Participant

109 gigs? Jesus that’ll officially be the largest game I’ve ever had.

nieda113
    Participant

finished 107 gigs …. Ready to game at lauch.

dborosev
    Participant

Report back here if it works tomorrow!

nieda113
    Participant

So what would be a good profile?
    only few hours left to unlock.

zig11727
    Participant

According to the forums @ mtbs3d RR2 is vulkan and DX12.

Ralf
    Keymaster

DISCLAIMER:

THE BELOW POST MAY OR MAY NOT COME TRUE. NOTHING IS FINISHED YET, SO ALL MAY FAIL AT ANY TIME. THIS IS NO PROMISE OF AN UPCOMING FEATURE, JUST A MESSAGE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I’M WORKING ON IT:

That said:

If possible I will release a vorpX update with *alpha* DX12 support shortly. I’m almost there as far as Z3D goes, at least with some simple test apps. G3D however will take way more time, so don’t expect that anytime soon. Also nothing has been tested yet with actual real games, so as said above, do not consider any of this a promise at this point.

TLDR: DX12 Z3D *may* happen shortly, G3D definitely won’t for the time being.

zig11727
    Participant

Thanks Ralf,

dellrifter22
    Participant

Very cool Ralf, thanks for attempting this.

I was wondering about this possibility last week while playing alot of AC Odyssey Z3D. Still a good 3D experience for 3rd person. I would be happy to play RDR2 this way.

Count me in ready to test it as soon as it’s ready. I’ve already got RDR2 installed and waiting 😎

Will be great if it does work out, and also be a good headstart for next gen. Thanks again for looking into this.

dborosev
    Participant

Ralf! Thank you for working on this! You seriously made my night, even if its just knowing its in the works.
    Z3D would be amazing for this game. I actually prefer it for a lot of big open world games as medium and distant objects all look the same with Z3D or G3D and performance doesn’t suffer.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks good so far. Time for a little teaser, I guess. The new vorpX version that can handle the game will be out tomorrow.

For those who didn’t follow the discussion: the game runs exclusively on D3D12 and Vulkan, which vorpX both did not support until now. The vorpX update tomorrow will provide basic D3D12 support, currently limited to Z3D though. Given it’s an open world game with large scale outdoor scenery Z3D works fairly well in this case.

Red Dead Redemption 2

zig11727
    Participant

@Ralf

Great News and Thanks,

hemingwaysghost
    Participant

@Ralf does this update include functionality for The Outer Worlds as well?

dborosev
    Participant

I wish there was a way to virtually hug Ralf. You know, with some robotic arms controlled through the internet. Nice padded, warm robot arms that say “I love you man, you are a truly great human being” without being too weird about it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.