vorpX 19.3.0 Available Now

Home Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 19.3.0 Available Now

• This topic has 25 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Ralf.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

19/11/08
    vorpX 19.3.0.2 has been released.

This is a hotfix release that addresses the issue below. No other changes.

• Games failed to launch with vorpX on Windows 7

19/11/08
    vorpX 19.3.0.1 has been released.

This is a hotfix release that addresses the issues below. No other changes.

• The vorpX desktop viewer did not work anymore.
    • Shadows were broken in Farming Simulator 2017.

19/11/07
    vorpX 19.3.0 has been released.

This is a feature update that mainly adds beta support for Direct3D 12, currently limited to Z3D. Also the trimmed down Windows 7 D3D12 is not supported yet. As a first D3D12 test case a profile for Red Dead Redemption II has been added.

For anyone who might wonder: the shader authoring improvements originally intended for 19.3.0 will come later. D3D12 support became more urgent after Red Dead Redemption II was announced a bit out of the blue some weeks ago.

New/Changed:

• Initial (beta) Direct3D 12 support, currently Z3D only.
    • DirectVR memory scanner reliability improvements.
    • New updater, hopefully less prone to false positve detections by trigger happy AV-programs.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed a small D3D11 G3D memory leak in games that frequently recreate constant buffers (e.g. Unreal Engine 4).
    • Fixed a potential D3D9 DLL path mismatch.
    • Automatically created profiles for unsupported games had no .exe assigned in system config.
    • Touch controllers did not work as intended in SteamVR mode with forced legacy OpenVR input.

New Game Profiles:

• Red Dead Redemption II: Z3D, Immersive Screen Mode, DirectVR: tweaks
    • The Outer Worlds: G3D/Z3D, FullVR mode, DirectVR: tracking, FOV, tweaks

Game Profile Changes/Fixes:

• GTA V: workaround for VR controller issues with mods that use OpenVR legacy input
    • CounterStrike GO: fixed hook not working after a recent game update.
    • Conarium: improved DirectVR memory scanner settings
    • Blair Witch: improved DirectVR memory scanner settings
    • Conan Exiles: improved DirectVR memory scanner settings
    Jesustilloves
    Participant

Wow Ralph,thanks buddy.Good things come to those who wait.

Jesusaves! Romans 8:28

Gindyxo
    Participant

You just broke the whole game in farming Simulator 17.
    I do not know what has been touched in this last patch but the farming Simulator 2017 makes a strange shadow and do not look 3D.

Jesustilloves
    Participant

GTA 5 up and running excellent.My first time playing on the res of a odyssey,much better than cv1.Good job.

Gindyxo
    Participant

Is there any way to return to the previous patch?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll take a closer look at the matter tomorrow.

angelayla
    Participant

Thank you very much Ralf!!!! ✌✌✌✌✌

Jesustilloves
    Participant

Any chance avp classic could work in vr ? San andreas really doesn’t look bad at all.

steph12
    Participant

you’re the best Ralf 🙂 and i really mean it !

thank you for this update, and BIG thank you for adding dx12 support to vorpx, even if you say it’s basic support for now it’s still a big step forward 🙂

the amount of work you constantly put in Vorpx is remarkable, kudos !

LukeRoss
    Participant

Ralf, congrats on the DX12 support!! As steph12 said, a huge step forward for vorpX!

I have two issues to report: the vorpX desktop viewer doesn’t seem to work anymore (it doesn’t crash but it does nothing, the Oculus runtime doesn’t even register it as a VR app), and sadly RDR2 is unplayable for me with vorpX at the moment. If I just free-roam it appears to work fine, but during missions, when the game transitions from a cutscene to realtime action and viceversa, most of the times I get a black screen both on the monitor and in the Rift, and nothing more happens. Alt-Tab works but returning to the game doesn’t get rid of the black screen. Even the vorpX logo disappears from the bottom of the monitor screen.

I have no issues with RDR2 if I don’t use vorpX (I’m around 16% of the game and never had a single freeze or crash).

Ralf
    Keymaster

Desktop viewer: confirmed. Probably due to some last minute injector changes for the Rockstar launcher yesterday. I’ll look into it. Will get fixed ASAP. Thanks for the heads-up.

RDR2: I did another one hour or so test session yesterday after the final 19.3.0 release, incidentally even on a Rift (S). My only issue was that I managed to fail the ‘Polite Society, Valentine Style’ mission four times in a row in incredibly stupid ways. Either by getting stuck with the cart, getting shot by someone I didn’t even see or by riding the cart into a crossing train. Guess I’m not exactly a RDR pro… Plenty of switching between cutscenes and interactive sequences without problems.

I’ll do some more testing later and see how it goes. D3D12 support is so new that I’m not entirely confident yet about its long term stability myself, but so far I didn’t encounter any issues here in that regard. Maybe try switching vorpX to SteamVR mode if you have issues with native Oculus, that will also work with a Rift.

As usual also make sure that Windows, graphics drivers etc. are up to date should that happen to not be that case. If you have changed any graphics settings in the game, using the default preset might also be worth a shot, just in case the issues are related to some feature that isn’t enabled with the default medium settings.

LukeRoss
    Participant

Thanks, Ralf. I am using the default balanced settings; I’m not sure if they are the same for everybody or change according to system configuration, but just in case I posted them here.

I am current with everything (NVIDIA driver 441.12) except that I’m still on Windows 10 version 1809 because I need to be able to install older 3D Vision drivers.

One time I got the black screen just by pressing Escape, so it might be related to the transition from the 3D world rendering to the 2D UI (BTW, I also get the weird artifacts during the grayscale loading screens as reported by another user; unsure if the problems are related). I will try again today to see if I can reproduce better, or if I can get rid of the issue by changing something in the options and/or switching to SteamVR mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The loading screen image glitches are nothing to be concerned about, just the game writing garbage into the depth buffer while loading.

I’ll do some more tests switching between cutscenes/interactive/UI later. Thanks for the settings file. I sure will try that one.

Jesustilloves
    Participant

So another update came today and it wiped out my installation.It was working fine with yesterdays update.

Jesustilloves
    Participant

So I need a new download link.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 19.3.0 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.