vorpX 21.2.0 Preliminary Changelog

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 21.2.0 Preliminary Changelog

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    jmoog121
    Participant

OpenXR implementation is HUGH!!!
    Was getting so tired of WMR via SteamVR’s wonkiness and overhead

Awesome job Ralph!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don‘t have much experience with WMR in native apps, but at least with vorpX the difference is indeed fairly huge. Both big WMR annoyances, i.e. judder with uneven game/headset framerate ratios, as well as heavy judder below half the headset refresh rate, are gone with OpenXR. With OpenXR WMR headsets finally behave as intended and as solid as native SteamVR headsets like Vive or Index do with SteamVR.

Tyriel Wood
    Participant

Just to let you know Ralf, the TrackIR recentering is not working again from the vorpX menu. ( F1 2020 )

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that the update takes a little longer than I had planned originally since I’d like to include profile updates for a couple of games that utilize the new auto weapon hide feature.

Shooting for early next week. Programming wise the feature is in a reasonabe state now for a first release (minus a fleshed out authoring UI which will come a little later), so it’s mainly profile updating and testing for the next few days. Unless I come up with yet another last minute feature idea, not much that can get in the way anymore.

Zloba
    Participant

I was wondering what “shortly after Easter” could mean :D
    Can’t wait to try it

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyIW83HMRftjztAn-GDLaAQ

jmoog121
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks for the update Ralph.. can’t wait to try OpenXR

senoctar
    Participant

I was wondering what “shortly after Easter” could mean :D
    Can’t wait to try it

I was wondering which Easter :)
    But I saw the weapon auto hide post so I suspected that is the delay. Anyway, looking forward to next week, thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!