VORPX Education

Home Forums General vorpX Discussion VORPX Education

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Ralf.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

New user here guys, really trying to get a grasp on the software. Bioshock Infinite and HL2 work incredibly well and these are 7 year old games. Game cube also works fairly well. What is it about games created during that era that makes them run in VR while modern games seem to be somewhat incompatible?

Why is DirectVR available in some but not others (I’m guessing ENGINE related). Does that mean almost all games of a specific engine run Geometry VR?

2060 RTX Super
    3900X Ryzen
    Can run pretty much anything.

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Also is there any manual for the C API. I’m doing a coding course at a local University and would love to hear some applications.

2060 RTX Super
    3900X Ryzen

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Also a personal question for Ralf, how exactly did you learn to code for VR?

2060 RTX Super
    3900X Ryzen

Ralf
    Keymaster

Whether DirectVR is available for a game and if so to what degree heavily depends on the game. E.g. the memory scanner can only work if it’s possible to figure out camera properties in the game’s memory, automatic .ini edits are only possible in games that have .ini files vorpX can understand, and so on.

You can find the C API documentation including sample snippets in the vorpX help.

How did I learn to code for VR? The best answer to that is probably: by doing it. Work on vorpX began with a do-it-yourself headset before consumer VR as we know it existed. I had some experience in coding plugins for 3D-software and renderers before though, which was a good foundation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.