vorpX – Pre-Release Thread

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX – Pre-Release Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Arni1984
    Participant

Ralf! When you book your DEV RIFT? What do you think when your come VR-kit?

3dRat
    Participant

I think he will have it from the very firsts, for obvious reasons.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will the depth and convergence be adjustable ala 3d vision, or will it be more of a one size fits all, since one will actually match the depth and convergence in “real life”? I’ve been wondering this since day one. I always crank my 3d vision up to the max, so I would want no less from vorpx on the rift :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ arni : I backed the Kickstarter project on day one, so I should receive my Rift pretty early if all goes well.

@ mikearms : No decision in this regard for now. I know that many people like to tweak settings, so most likely you will be able to adjust some things at least to a certain degree. But – and that’s a very important but – in contrast to 3D on a monitor, in VR this is absolutely not a ‘more is better’-setting. It has to be chosen very carefully. If you overdo it, the world around you starts to look out of scale. The effect is quite interesting psychologically, but not something you would normally want.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s those differences that make me really excited for VR. It just shows that VR is a completely different animal than the 3d everyone is used to.

Arni1984
    Participant

@ arni : I backed the Kickstarter project on day one, so I should receive my Rift pretty early if all goes well. @ mikearms : No decision in this regard for now. I know that many people like to tweak settings, so most likely you will be able to adjust some things at least to a certain degree. But – and that’s a very important but – in contrast to 3D on a monitor, in VR this is absolutely not a ‘more is better’-setting. It has to be chosen very carefully. If you overdo it, the world around you starts to look out of scale. The effect is quite interesting psychologically, but not something you would normally want.

All of you are right! But it vorpX will support not only RIFT, but also 3D-widescreen monitors … Everyone is different! My friend for example, one and the same-setting in 3D VISION – perceive differently … You just do the basic recommended VR – setting! But do not forget to leave us a little room for experiments with 3D. Do though, would adjust the depth, convergence and convergence weapons away from the world!

I understand that you understand the issue, much more than we do – ordinary gamers … BUT! The customer is always right!

yautja_cetanu
    Participant

I came over from MTBS. I have no idea what happened but I spent a bit of time searching for it on MTBS and it had vanished :( It was sad!

Anyways I’m looking forward to throwing money your way!

mane43
    Participant

just wondering is there any recommend system spec. i’m not a pc gamer but I building a pc with 8 core amd fx chip, 8 gig ram, with two 7770 in crossfire but they only have 1 gig each I’m hope that will be enough to run the games with ur driver at 60fps

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ yautja_cetanu : Thanks! I feel the same about what happened. Even after talking with him for a while, the site owner essentially wanted a 10$ share (“at least”) of each sold copy, combined with an exclusive multi-year discount deal for his site. And that without even being able (or willing) to provide data about similar campaigns run through his site. No way I could agree to this. It was just too far off from anything reasonable.

@ mane43 : Your rig should be more than fine. With the fast 3d-method 60fps are possible even with mid range PCs in many games.

mane43
    Participant

nice I will be buying this the day u release it hope my rift is here by then

Arni1984
    Participant

Ralf! You are working on one VorpX? Or do you have a team? VorpX will require installation of a system, or it will work just the same as VIREIO?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t really comment on other solutions, but the basic idea is most likely similar. vorpX has many additional features though. Most prominently the fast 3d mode and a lot more supported games, but almost as important various other features to ease your life with older games. I didn’t talk about all of them so far, so stay tuned.

vorpX comes with an easy to use installer, but nothing is installed to your system directory. I hope that answers your question.

Arni1984
    Participant

Thank you! There was one more question:
    – Tell me whether he vorpX increase fov to 110 degrees in supported games? Or all the same will have to bother yourself in a folder with a game?
    Thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Arni, I’m really sorry that I can’t answer all of your feature related questions for now. For some answers you will have to wait a little longer. I’m sure you understand.

Arni1984
    Participant

That’s it! Any more questions, until you receive DEV KIT.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!