What are your TOP VorpX experiences?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion What are your TOP VorpX experiences?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    markus3776
    Participant

@ToxicMike: You are so right. The vast majority of VR titles are poor in detail and boring. Only titles like skyrim that have been ported from flat to vr or flat games with VR mods available like Valheim, are great. I’ve been using vorpx since my DK2 (2015). Now with my Reverb G2 and the current Vorpx I’ve reached what I dreamed of.

ToxicMike
    Participant

Good call on the Batman Arkham series, those are some of my favorites and will definitely be checking those out

Despite i am not that much of a first-person-vr-immersion-enthusiast and more a bigass-theatre-wide-screen-addict, i am very much interested in how the ARKHAM SERIES could be played in vorpX full-vr.

@ToxicMike: You are so right. The vast majority of VR titles are poor in detail and boring. Only titles like skyrim that have been ported from flat to vr or flat games with VR mods available like Valheim, are great. I’ve been using vorpx since my DK2 (2015). Now with my Reverb G2 and the current Vorpx I’ve reached what I dreamed of.

LOL my oculus-rift-s wasn´t used for about a year, giving it one last shot with playing a game for the first time on a theatre-screen with bigscreen-beta (i never thought about it coz it didn´t made much sense to me, let alone that i had doubts about the experience being THAT great), before i was about to sell my vr-gear cheap, but from that moment on, i was never playing any game on my regular flat-monitor again and jacked myself into the vr-goggles with EVERY game i was playing EVERY TIME i played it. All of the sudden i was aware that i can´t ever enjoy any game without vr-goggles ever again LOL.

My best vr-experiences were SUPERHOT VR followed by HELLBLADE (interesting how absolutely great this 3rd-person game was in vr and that its vr-mode was actually coming more as a late add-on rather than an exclusive vr-game, wishing myself for even more 3rd-person games in vr!) and last but not least THE TALOS PRINCIPLE VR…and i actually loved DOOM VR, a title often downvoted negative by many users, to my surprise.

…and then there were, also to my surprise, many vr-titles preached by users in all positive ways but for me being the absolute “nightmare” in vr-games, horrifying in every negative way someone could imagine a vr-title to be. Now you might think i am talkin about vr-sickness, but that never was a big problem since i got adapted to it pretty fast, there were other major problems:

.) SERIOUS SAM VR: WTF?!?!? What do people love with this crap of a vr-game??? I love all the regular versions of SSAM but this?! Standing still while shooting into all directions, being so stressful and hectic that i actually lost every immersion from all the concentration it took for me to hit and dodge, almost getting sick from all the stress, so i tried on easier difficulty settings but then the game was too easy and boring, putting it away after 30 minutes and never loaded it up ever again.

.) Those “Bow”-Titles: What in gods name were they thinking???? The technique of shooting arrows with moving my hands in a similiar way was fun, but really….shooting more arrows at waves of enemies, than Robin Hood shot in all of his movies together, was more of a “stressful” experience rather than a joyful one, i also got that feeling (again) of losing every immersion coz the game itself took far too much of my concentration in order to hit all those enemies…..let alone that my shoulder still hurts by just thinking about those 30 minutes where i probably shot a million of virtual arrows.

.) Other more or less “mediocre” experiences/titles weren´t that great coz they were probably first generation vr-titles and only “great” on their release but i guess they´re not the titles these days to show off with, most of all coz some of those graphics are kinda like walking between “cardboard walls” rather than a “real” environment, but at least i was having the immersion of really walking inside another world…even if it was a “cardboard-world”.

…oh my..the size of this article again, sorry fellas i know i get carried away with writing way too much at times lol.

markus3776
    Participant

So true. Unfortunately, AAA games in VR are the big exception (HL Alyx). An impressive shooter like Crysis 3 will not be released as a VR exclusive title any time soon.
    The best experiences I had in VR were actually in vorpx.

ToxicMike
    Participant

LOL yes that also applies to me, first time i made use of vorpX´s full-vr feature along with trying other modes as well, was GENERATION ZERO, another game never meant to be played in VR, so funny how i actually enjoy non-vr titles in vorpX more than actual VR-exclusives.

But i gotta still try HL:Alyx coz when that was being released, i already lost my interest in VR, now that i am actually back at it again (thanks to vorpX) i may try it soon….the only problem i got is…

…there are actually thousands of games i wanna play and try in all kinds of modes within vorpX!

TheBalt
    Participant

LOL yes that also applies to me, first time i made use of vorpX´s full-vr feature along with trying other modes as well, was GENERATION ZERO, another game never meant to be played in VR, so funny how i actually enjoy non-vr titles in vorpX more than actual VR-exclusives.

But i gotta still try HL:Alyx coz when that was being released, i already lost my interest in VR, now that i am actually back at it again (thanks to vorpX) i may try it soon….the only problem i got is…

…there are actually thousands of games i wanna play and try in all kinds of modes within vorpX!

NEED to point out – Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is nearly Alyx tier. Its an incredibly made ‘run’ based game that really has alot going on with its mechanics and weapons. Each run into town before the zombies overtake the place is stressful and exciting in just the right way. Youll be working on a primary quest and then getting secondary quests as you explore the game’s areas.

Honestly… I had more fun with Saints and Sinners than Alyx. Alyx just really let me down with the lack of physics based puzzles + the pretty boring weapons for the majority of the playthru. I really hoped theyd use the gravity gloves to have us do insane physics puzzles like gravity gloving a rope down to you, then use the rope to climb or have you use a pulley to prop a door open then shove a barrel under it to get thru, etc.

So much wasted potential in alyx.. its incredible, but they had all the systems there to frankly make something I think would have been superior. Heres hoping Valve expands on Alyx, cause I would love a sequel with some more mechanics regularly showing up. they were all into physics puzzles in Half life 2 and the episodes – now that our HANDS are in the game… they barely had any physics puzzles at all…. ehh, sigh.

Is what it is lol. But a great framework to build on further

ToxicMike
    Participant

I really hoped theyd use the gravity gloves to have us do insane physics puzzles like gravity gloving a rope down to you, then use the rope to climb or have you use a pulley to prop a door open then shove a barrel under it to get thru, etc.

WTF!? I hardly read/listen to game-reviews these days anymore so i don´t know how the puzzle-mechanics in Alyx really are, but i was sure/hoped it would have lots of physical puzzles like that, this feels like a let-down to me as well.

Yes Saints & Sinners looks great to me and it´s on par with the titles i must try in the near future.

I actually haven´t played VR-Exclusives in a long time now, funny how i wasn´t using my vr-gear for almost a year and now i am using it with every game i play…without actually using it for what it was made for (for me that is playing VR-exclusive games), thanks to vorpX! LOL

mrshantiman
    Participant

I just played the old Observer version in vorpx (dellrifter profile plus the recommended .ini tweaks) and would like to add that to my top experiences. Stunning full VR! First time I did not even have to open vorpx menu once.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!