Bug: Adversely affects Second Life and Firestorm Viewer

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Bug: Adversely affects Second Life and Firestorm Viewer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CasperWarden
    Participant

Greetings,

Having the VorpX software active adversely affects the Official and Firestorm viewers for Second Life.

The VorpX software causes the mouse cursor to become invisible.

I believe that the software should make attempts to NOT interfere with unsupported games and applications (especially OpenGL ones).

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hello Caspar,

While active, vorpX will hook anything that initializes DirectX. This is by design and enables vorpX to also work with many games that are not officially supported.

You can simply pause the vorpX watcher from the tray icon (right click, then choose “Pause Watcher”). Alternatively you can also exit vorpX Control completely when you don’t want it to be active. The third option you have is to add programs to the exclude list in th vorpX config app.

CasperWarden
    Participant

I understand that, and I’m fine with that behaviour.

However, these are OpenGL applications.

Ralf
    Keymaster

They can still initialize DirectX for other purposes than graphics. No way for vorpX to tell prior to hooking the application.

CasperWarden
    Participant

Okay, so there is no way to configure Vorpx to ignore certain applications? No profile settings or such?

It’s extremely inconvenient to have it to hook to applications which can’t possibly work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

As said above, you have three options to disable vorpX:

1. Exit vorpX Control (right click tray icon, choose “Exit”)
    2. Pause the watcher (right click tray icon, choose “Pause watcher”)
    3. Add applications to the exclude list in the vorpX config app

The first two options disable vorpX completely, the third disables vorpX for specific applications, regardless of vorpX Control running or not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!