Don't underestimate cinema mode

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Don't underestimate cinema mode

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

For anyone trying to get VorpX working well, I urge you to give cinema mode a try. Its the only mode I use now, and no, its not like sitting in front of a bigscreen. If you change the FOV, zoom the screen up close so it fills the view, and use geometry, its basically like being in VR, but without losing your menus, or mouse controls. Give it a try, its amazing.

andybak
    Participant

Yep. Side-on games such as Trine and Woolf are particularly effective in Cinema mode.

maximus2k16
    Participant

I’ve been saying this since day 1` :D

Geometry 3D is a must though

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree, especially now that we can load custom backgrounds.

I recently enyoyed Woolfe: The Redhood Diary a lot in cinema mode. A nice little 2.5d jump & run. Would love to see Limbo or Inside supported.

dborosev
    Participant

I play all my first person shooters in this mode. Best experience I’ve ever had gaming.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the cinema mode best for fun racers like Need for Speed. And of course watching videos with Mediaplayer Classic.

thesugi
    Participant

hi! i’ve just register after read you’re comment on cinema mod. you made me so close to buy vorpx cause everythings i’ve see on the net is a mix bag of happy and disappointed people. so basically , u use cinema to play in 3-d the game like sbs ( trine ) and it’s great. say yes , and i’ll be a vorpx user. i just want to play mirror’s edge in vr and lot of game in 3-d ( witcher 2 , crysis 2-3 ) with my rift cv-1 and i want to know if it’s hard to configure . anyway thx for reading and my bad for my english ;)

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Thesugi:
    firstly, it’s hard to promise that what you want will definitively work, but there is a very big chance that it will. Mirro’s Edge should work, but The Witcher 2 doesn’t have G3D, which is the true 3D mode. Here is a list of games that have been confirmed to work by the community: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nD_HyS8v_zKf9MZ3OYVpdnKAJBeMycGTgFmaJ639Oyg/edit#gid=0
    Secondly, Vorpx is not hard to setup, but will require patients in some cases and could take a long time to get right. But it depends and it’s getting easier and easier with each update. Some games like HL2, Portal 1-2, Skyrim, bioshock 1-inf and a few more even have Direct VR mode, which makes it work perfectly with a simple scan. But you can always play any game in cinema or desktop mode without much hassle.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In addition to Cinema Mode and Direct VR there also is a hassle free quick and dirty setup described in the vorpX help, called the “1-2-3 Game Setup”. While it usually does not provide the best possible result, it brings every game to a playable state within 30 seconds.

It’s a great way to test things out quickly and a good starting point for further optimization.

thesugi
    Participant

first thks for reply ;) , i’ve forgot about the witcher 2 cause i’ve played it with nvidia 3d tv play :p .vorpx seems to be updating often and the recent direct vr seems promising . so i’ll give it a try , finger crossed ^^

thesugi
    Participant

ok ! waiting for my key ;)

xrc6
    Participant

Speaking of Cinema mode, has the curve screen option been removed? I only played 1 or 2 new games since VorpX’s last update and the ability to curve the screen has always been the first thing I do and I no longer see the option there?

Please tell me it’ll be back. I prefer it so I can zoom the screen a bit larger and the curve helps me see everything easier without as much head turning.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Should still be where it always was. It’s an expert option, so you will have to enable “Enable expert settings” in the config app.

xrc6
    Participant

Oh, perhaps I forgot to do that after the update, my memory isn’t what it used to be. thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why would you want to use DirectVR in the cinema? As far as I understand it the whole purpose of DirectVR is adjusting field of view and head tracking for full vr mode.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!