Halo CE warped image

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Halo CE warped image

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

I spent weeks last year configuring Halo CE for the Vive, only to somehow lose the install. So I’ve been trying to duplicate it, but can’t get an image that isn’t warped. Even with the official cloud profile imported. Is there a specific resolution I should be setting it at?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If there is no way to adjust the FOV of the game high enough either in the game itself or with a tool like Flawless Widescreen, your best bet is the method described in the “1-2-3 Game Setup” in the vorpX help: reducing the Image Zoom value until the FOV feels natural. That always works (at the expense of black bars).

For Halo CE it might also work with the following mod that apparently adds adjustable FOV (never tried it myself though): http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?24960-HAC-2-Release

lipplog
    Participant

The FOV! Of course! The one mod in the list of Custom Edition mods I forgot to install. That and the no-crosshair mod. Thank you, Ralf!

lipplog
    Participant

For anyone who wants to set up Halo for VR, here are the steps. You can download all the necessary mods at…
    http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved).

1. Make sure your installed copy of Halo has been updated to the latest version.

2. Download and install the Halo Custom Edition mod.

3. Download and install the Halo widescreen fix mod.

4. Download and install the Halo FOV mod.

5. Open VorpX Configuration, and check the Cloud files for Halo settings. If one exists for Halo, import, then apply and close.

6. Run Halo single player. Open settings a set the resolution to the highest (I believe it’s 1920×1080). Once in game, hit the F6 key to increase the Field Of View by moving the mouse up and down. Once you find a comfortable spot, hit F6 again to lock it.

My personal preference is to go into the VorpX settings during gameplay, and increase the 3D Separation to really make the 3D pop. I’m still looking for a mod to get rid of the crosshairs. I also don’t know if there’s a 1st person mod for vehicles, but I guess I could get used to 3rd person during vehicle sequences if I had to.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!