Head tracking with pimax 4k

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Head tracking with pimax 4k

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sam
    Participant

Has anyone figured out how to get head tracking working with pimax?
    Pimax does rotational tracking but has anyone used hat track or anything with it.
    Could the devs PLEASE add in the smaller companies headsets to the general settings menu.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The Pimax supports Steam VR, so it works with vorpX set to “Steam VR (HTC Vive)”. You need Steam VR installed (and running) for that and maybe may have to enable Steam VR in your headset driver.

guillerodriguezv
    Participant

Hi Ralf… Could it be possible to use Opentrack with Vorpx in extended mode?? Pimax 4K works in 2K resolution only in extended mode but no headtracking, the headtracking works in extended mode only with Opentrack. The problem with Pimax 4K and Steam VR (as Vive) is the resolution…it is not good. Thats why we like to use Pimax 4K in extended mode with Vorpx.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ralf… Could it be possible to use Opentrack with Vorpx in extended mode?? Pimax 4K works in 2K resolution only in extended mode but no headtracking, the headtracking works in extended mode only with Opentrack

This sounds like a nonsense for me.

The problem with Pimax 4K and Steam VR (as Vive) is the resolution…it is not good. Thats why we like to use Pimax 4K in extended mode with Vorpx.

I’m a pimax user and i have no idea what problems do you have with the resolution, since pimax offers 2k resolution and less pixel grid, which is much better compared to oculus or vive.

If you still not happy with the resolution – you should use steamvr supersampling.

How to Sharpen Your HTC Vive’s Visuals with Supersampling

guillerodriguezv
    Participant

HI industrial, maybe I do not make myself clear (English is not my native language). Pimax 4K has the best resolution quality in Extended Mode (2K resolution). Personally I do not like Steam VR even with supersampling. Do you know a way to use Vorpx with Pimax 4K (in Extended Mode) that headtracking works?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

HI industrial, maybe I do not make myself clear (English is not my native language). Pimax 4K has the best resolution quality in Extended Mode (2K resolution). Personally I do not like Steam VR even with supersampling. Do you know a way to use Vorpx with Pimax 4K (in Extended Mode) that headtracking works?

Thanks

I’m pretty sure extended 2k makes no differense to steamvr (at least with supersampling). Extended mode is basically made for video, gaming should be much better in steamvr mode (at least with good graphic card).
    Answering your question – no. I’ve tried once vorpx in direct mod, but as you say it has no headtracking and i dont know if its possible to make it working, sorry.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!