prey 2017.

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings prey 2017.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

hello,

i found a profile working in Z3D for prey 2017, call of duty advanced warfare, copy that profile, rename prey.exe to something like prey1.exe (cause vorpx already has prey.exe profile from the first game).

then disable steam overlay in steam, settings -> inside a game -> uncheck activate steam overlay.

inside the game i put image zoom to 0.8, and use others settings to your liking.

To adjust FOV, you’ll need to use Notepad, or your text editor of choice, to edit the game.cfg file located in the root Prey folder of your Save Games folder (typically c:\users\Saved Games\Arkane Studios\Prey). Find the “cl_hfov=85.5656” entry, and change the number as you like, up to a maximum of 120 -sorry for the copy/paste.

IMPORTANT, if you guys find a geometry3D profile please let us know here. i didnt try every profile yet, just a few.

let me know how it works for you guys.

decizion
    Participant

thanks for sharing.

Ragnaron21
    Participant

Hey, where did you find the prey profile, is it one of the cloud based?

steph12
    Participant

hi,

i explained exactly how to get the game working in Z3D, please read carefully my post.

knoxxt
    Participant

wow, thank you very much- Prey is a game I haven’t touched with the hopes a profile would become available, and held off. Will try this out for myself and finally play the game the way I had hoped to!

steph12
    Participant

dont get your hopes high tho, i gave up playing the game using that profile because 1/ Z3D sucks 2/ fps sucks horribly even on high end hardware (i7 5820k 4.5ghz, gtx 1080 gtx, 16gddr4, SSDs, windows 10 x64 all up to date)

guillerodriguezv
    Participant

I been playing Prey (2017) with that profile and it looks really good … Even playing with DSR at 4K runs good !!!

steph12
    Participant

really ?

what’s your setup please ?
    what’s your fps ?
    what’s your vorpx setup ? (resolution and game options setup)

guillerodriguezv
    Participant

Hi Steph,

My system setup
    Win 7 pro 64bit
    i5 2500
    8 Gig DDR3
    GTX 980 ti (6 Gig)
    Pimax 4K

My config for VR; I use Steam VR in Extended Mode (to use DSR). Game settings all to the max; motion blur and antialiasing off.

Hopes it works better for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, steph12,

I am trying to follow your suggestions, but I have a problem: if I rename Prey.exe to something else, I cannot run it, it simply won’t start. I’ve tried to run it directly by clicking, or by adding it to the steam library – nothing works. Even if I don’t rename the exe, I cannot start it by clicking, I guess there is some protection. Could you give some more details on how you did it?

Thanks!

williamntv
    Participant

Hi, just wondering how to rename prey 2017 executable file as I tried and steam showed error. Maybe I have to setup the path for it? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.

matteo39
    Participant

is this a good profile for prey 2017?

zahncisten
    Participant

I’ve been using it, and it’s pretty awesome. We’re getting an update in the near future that gives the profile G3D though. That’ll be even more awesome, lol =D

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ matteo: please note that DirectVR FOV and resolution are currently broken after a game update. That will also be addressed in the next vorpX release. No release date yet, but it’s worth to wait until then.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!