Thief Gold, no 3D

Homepage Forums Technical Support Thief Gold, no 3D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ovo
    Participant

I tried Thief Gold Steam with the latest TFix patch. Only Z3D is available and only the HUD has some depth. How to get depth in the scene? Is it possible?

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s Z3D only, although I honestly think it’s working quite well with Thief (and also System Shock 2, which is similar engine wise). These games where made long before DirectX 9 and their DX9 ports work very different than almost all other DX9 games. I always wanted to look further into that, but so far there just never was time for it.

matteo39
    Participant

up, i want to play thief 2 in g3d!

RJK_
    Participant

You may try the profile for System Shock 2 (with DX9 mod) its been reported for G3D. If that doesnt work, Ralf said the next update will cover DX7/8 games using DGVoodoo.

Dont know though if this will be G3D or Z-buffered only.

Ralf
    Keymaster

These games do all the geometry transform on the CPU, so no way for vorpX to inject G3D. Direct 3D (also true for the D39 versions of these games) is only used to draw the already transformed vertices to the screen. Hence they are Z3D only.

I have a few ideas for an additional very-old-games-renderpath that could handle such cases, but that’s one of those things that may or may not happen down the road, so don’t hold your breath. Would be nice to have, but is not a priority.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!