World of Warcraft not hooking

Homepage Forums Technical Support World of Warcraft not hooking

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ma22xx
    Participant

For some reason I can’t get Warcraft to hook…neither the 32 or 64 bit version when run stand alone or if run from battle.net. This is the only game that seems to have that issue…I know it’s sorta seeing it because if I run Vorpx but not SteamVR (this is on a Vive) it will bring up the SteamVR environment before launching the game. It renders the video on the monitor instead of the HMD though. Any obvious things for me to check? Is this game not supported on Vive at this point?

Kazragor
    Participant

I’m having the same issue, except that vorpX gives me SteamVR error 301. It seems fine with other games though.

tommcq
    Participant

Having the same issue with Rift. Anyone have any ideas?

DrunkenGamer
    Participant

The same here. I just got my Oculus CV1 and was able to get Fallout 4 and VLC to work fine, but WoW, both the 32-bit and 64-bit came up with the error that it could not load it (which I’m guessing is called “hooking”). I tried rebooting but still didn’t work for that particular game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to run the game windowed. That makes things easier for vorpX in regard to how Oculus Home works.

Ma22xx
    Participant

I’m running windowed on mine…fullscreen causes my pc to crash (same issue with fullscreen in steamVR cinema mode…seems to be some vive/nvidia driver bug). It just doesn’t seem to make the switch from the monitor to the HMD. I’m curious if any vive users have this working. Were you able to test wow with Vive and Vorpx Ralf? Just wondering if it’s a setting on my end that I should keep messing with or if it’s just a matter of waiting for an update.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Works fine here. Maybe it’s a more general hooking issue. Please try to create a vorpX desktop shortcut to your wow.exe or wow-64.exe (not the launcher!). These shortcuts in some cases are more reliable than the auto detection.

To create a shortcut right click the vorpX tray icon, choose “Create Desktop Shortcut”, navigate to your WOW folder and lastly select the .exe you want the shortcut to be created for.

Ma22xx
    Participant

So desktop shortcut didn’t seem to make a difference but I did fix it by going in game settings under advanced and switching the renderer from DX11 to DX9 and restarting.

DrunkenGamer
    Participant

Just an update on this.

This was resolved by changing to Directx9 in the setting of WoW and then restarting the WoW client. I was in Window-mode and that may have also been necessary.

Thanks.

Kazragor
    Participant

Changing to dx9 had no affect with my Vive, I guess that may just be an Rift issue. I’ve tried everything in the troubleshooting thread, not sure what else to do now.

Phaeyune
    Participant

Necro bump! Found this thread via Google. I’m having the same issue – wow won’t hook. Using a Vive. Window mode is set. DX9 is set. No dice. Has anyone found a way around this yet?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!