This update mainly adds AMD FidelityFX upscaling/sharpening during the headset render stage of vorpX for a crisper final image. Note that FidelityFX works kind of the other way around than it does usually in games. Instead of rendering a game at a lower resolution to gain performance, vorpX uses the method to improve the image clarity while rendering the game at the same resolution as before.
Also two new game profiles have been added: F1 2021 and Deathloop.
FidelityFX is enabled per default and can be configured further on the ‘Image’ page of the vorpX menu with the ‘Clarity’ option. The sharpening algorithm is on per default, the other two components of the method (improved upscaling and texture detail enhancement) can be enabled in addition. Note that texture detail enhancement is not available for every game.
Clarity Off vs. Full (Skyrim SE at 1440p game resolution):
If you don’t own vorpX yet, you can buy it here:
Supported headsets: Oculus Rift, Rift S, Quest 1/2 (via Oculus Link), HTC Vive, Valve Index, Pimax, Windows Mixed Reality and other SteamVR compatible headsets.
If you already own vorpX, it should auto-update when you start vorpX Control next time. If it doesn’t for some reason, simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorpX. It will download the latest version available.
- AMD FidelityFX upscaling/sharpening for a crisper final image. Note that this does not improve performance per se since the game is still rendered at its original resolution. Instead you get get a crisper image in the headset from the same game resolution.
- FluidSync can now be configured to cap the frame rate at either half or third the headset refresh rate on devices with a 90Hz refresh rate or more.
- VR controllers could not be used as gamepad in GTA V and Red Dead Redemption II while no actual gamepad was connected.
- EdgePeek requests handled differently in GTAV/RDRII connection mods. (Hopefully) resolves issues with EdgePeek staying enabled although it shouldn’t.
- Some potential exit crashes prevented.
- GTA V could crash on load while VR controllers are connected.
- Injection didn’t work correctly on Windows 7 anymore.
- F1 2021: Z3D/FullVR, DirectVR: auto settings, tracking
- Deathloop: Z3D/FullVR, DirectVR: auto FOV and settings