Generic Profiles for non-supported games

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Generic Profiles for non-supported games

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    romanguro
    Participant

Thank you for VorpX for some games it works perfect.

I’ve request to the Dev.

Can you make Generic profiles for common game engines, directX (9-10-11), z-buffer mode etc? So we can apply these settings to games that are not currently supported.

I saw Unreal Engine profiles in the list, how about Games bases on Unity?
    What is the base profile for them?

Previously, I used TriDef3D video driver and there are almost any 3D games supported with Generic profile. Somewhere worse, somewhere better, but working.

Thank you

maximus2k16
    Participant

Agreed, Vorpx could definitely use something like this

bob24
    Participant

I’m not sure I want to buy this program yet as I already got not enough time to play the native vr games.. but isn’t there a excel file already for these kind of settings that are already supported but would work well with another game?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can make copies of existing profiles in the config app (local profiles page) and assign new programs to these copies. That is exactly what you would like to do

Be aware though that there is no guarantee that profiles created this way will work. Also these ‘generic’ user profiles (obviously) don’t have any game specific fixes and adjustments. For the best chance of success use a profile of a game as a base that uses the same graphics engine as the game you want to try.

Michelangel0
    Participant

I agree with you Ralf.

The problem is not everyone knows what engine belongs to each game.

Maybe if the profiles had that engine information + DirectX version it could be easier.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Most Wikipedia pages for games have infos about the engine that is used. I usually check that before making user profiles, saves quite a bit of trial and error.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Another option would be the PC Gaming Wiki (http://pcgamingwiki.com), which often also has other useful infos for creating custom profiles, e.g. ways to adjust the FOV of a game.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Is it theoretically possible to do Z3D/G3D on games that normally work with fine Tridef even if they’re not officially supported by VorpX by copying profiles like suggested by Ralf?

In other words: Would I be wasting my money buying Tridef and using it with virtual desktop? Would using VorpX on anything that works with Tridef essentially accomplish the same thing if I am looking for a virtual screen with at least Z3D support?

Has anyone managed to get any sort of 3D working with Unreal Engine 4 games? I’m mainly interested in seeing if it’s possible to get playerunknown’s battlegrounds working on a virtual screen with Z3D or even G3D. Unreal engine 3 games work great with VorpX.

I’m basically addicted to using my headset and I can’t imagine playing games on a flat monitor.

maximus2k16
    Participant

Is it theoretically possible to do Z3D/G3D on games that normally work with fine Tridef even if they’re not officially supported by VorpX by copying profiles like suggested by Ralf?

In other words: Would I be wasting my money buying Tridef and using it with virtual desktop? Would using VorpX on anything that works with Tridef essentially accomplish the same thing if I am looking for a virtual screen with at least Z3D support?

Has anyone managed to get any sort of 3D working with Unreal Engine 4 games? I’m mainly interested in seeing if it’s possible to get playerunknown’s battlegrounds working on a virtual screen with Z3D or even G3D. Unreal engine 3 games work great with VorpX.

I’m basically addicted to using my headset and I can’t imagine playing games on a flat monitor.

Reshade has a 3D shader called SuperDepth3D which is able to render 3D in Unreal Engine 4 games by getting the depth map information. Just amke sure to run the game in fullscreen

https://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/2128-3d-depth-map-based-stereoscopic-shader

romanguro
    Participant

You can make copies of existing profiles in the config app (local profiles page) and assign new programs to these copies. That is exactly what you would like to do

I know about it. But there are a lot of profiles and it’s hard to understand which one I should use. For example. I couldn’t find profile for the game INSIDE (based on Unity), tried a dozen of them.. although it works great with TriDef 3D driver… Which profile should I use?
    There is no Generic Unity profile..

So.. Could you create a number of Сommon profiles for the most popular engines and situations? It will be very helpful.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!