10-13 fps on high end vr spec computer.

Homepage Forums Technical Support 10-13 fps on high end vr spec computer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    VR2bym
    Participant

Hi there one and all,

So no HT in BF1 (Directx 12 disabled), works in Alien Isolation fine using full override xbox pad.
    Followed others and got the piebald3 profile from the cloud but no head tracking, only cinema.
    My machine is Win 10, gtx 1060, 32gb ram, 480 ssd, 3tb hdd, gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3 motherboard, liquid cooled i7 6700k and using Vorpx 17.1.2.

Vorpx ingame settings;

Page 1
    ——
    Cinema Off
    3D reconstruction Geometry
    The rest are 0.00

Page 2 (display)
    —————-
    Mirror win Off
    DM Async On
    DM fluid sync On
    DM GPU sync Safest
    Edge peek 0.60

Page 3 (Head Tracking)
    ———————-
    On
    On
    On
    Off
    Off
    On
    On
    Off

Page 4 (Controllers)
    ——————–
    No change or left not switched on (physically)

Page 5 (Mouse/Gamepad)
    ———————-
    No
    Off
    Partial
    Off
    Off
    Off
    Cubic

Plus I only ever get 10-13fps even when everything is set to low?

Can anybody help me please?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No double posts with the exact same content please. Thanks.

Mouse/Head Tracking:

The BF1 no mouse/head tracking issue will be fixed later this week with a hotfix release that addresses a few issues with the latest vorpX version.

Performance:

Not really sure here, a GTX1060 is pretty much VR minimum spec hardware, but you should still see more that 13fps. I never tried BF1 myself yet, but typically you should see about 75%-85% of monitor performance in Z-Buffer 3D games.

My first guess would have been that maybe the texture memory is exceeded and vorpX has to swap, but since you already tried low settings that’s probably not the issue here.

Please also try different resolutions, that usually has a pretty large impact on Frostbite engine games like BF1. In general 4:3/5:4 resolutions are best for vorpX, not widescreen. With your 1060 try 1280×1024, which is a compromise between performance and quality.

Also check whether you have the same issue with other games. Also try a few older ones. vorpX is quite demanding, with older games you won’t the hit the limit so early.

VR2bym
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response Ralf and I am looking forward to the update.
    Tried it on Alien Isolation with all the video settings at low (bottom 7 choices set to off and bilinear) and I still only get 14 fps.

VR2bym
    Participant

Oh forgot to mention that all the hype over people having to have a minimum graphics card of 1060 is WRONG. I have an ROG laptop with a gtx 870m card and all the games work on it, albeit in extended screen mode but they all work!

VR2bym
    Participant

Just been playing around with the settings in Alien Isolation and even with 3D reconstruction in any of the 3 choices (including off) and a screen resolution of 1280×720 I still do not get over 14 fps.
    The game still runs fine regardless.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Your 1060 is a great card and great value for the money, it’s just not really ‘high end’. You should still see more than 14fps for sure though.

What’s especially odd is that game settings changes do not seem to have any effect. Please check whether you maybe have VSync or antialiasing forced in your graphics driver control panel. If so, please disable both. Ideally reset the driver settings to their default values in the nVidia control panel if you made any changes there.

If possible please also try some older game like Halfe-Life 2 for example, just to check whether you still have the same problem in games that should run really fast on your card.

Just in case please also make sure to use the latest graphics driver for your card.

VR2bym
    Participant

Hi Ralf, problem sorted. It was because I had 3 monitors running thus the low fps. Disconnected them and bingo fps over 100.

Manufacturers, society and the System always try to force you to buy new when you do not need to. I say this because I have an ROG laptop with a gtx870m graphics card and all the games run fine on it, albeit in extended monitor mode but they all work fine.
    So I wouldn’t trust too much what THEY say.

Sorted the login problem with the Vorpxs’ WordPress site by choosing forgot password (albeit I had not).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!