19.3.0 breaks windows 7 compatibility

Homepage Forums Technical Support 19.3.0 breaks windows 7 compatibility

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    InsomniakDev
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I just updated VorpX and now when I try to launch a game with vorpX I get this error :
    “The procedure entry point D3D11On12CreateDevice could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d11.dll”

I’m guessing it’s because there is no dx12 support for Winsows7 and hence the D3d11.dll for windows 7 doesn’t have this entry point, but i might be wrong.

I tried to update directX and my graphic card driver after this error just in case but it did not change a thing.

Hope you can help me on this, cheers from France.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll take care of it. Check back tomorrow for a hotfix.

That said:

I understand that there is a lot to dislike about Windows 10, but as part of the remaining, borderline irrelevant, ~1% of VR users still on Windows 7 (source: Oculus hardware survey) at some point in the not too distant future you will get left behind. This one should be easy enough to fix, but there will be a point where the effort required to still support Windows 7 finally doesn’t make any sense at all anymore.

Oculus stops officially supporting Windows 7 next year and Valve already tells Index users that they should expect “unexpected behavior” on Win 7. In other words, they don’t really care anymore.

Seriously: it’s time to move on. We all have things we grew accustomed to and want to keep as long as we can, but at some point we have to acknowledge that the world around us doesn’t stand still, whether we like it or not.

InsomniakDev
    Participant

I hear ya on this, I actually passed to 10 in the night for less than 3 dollars ^^
    Still thought it had to be said
    Thanks for your time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!