25% more in price

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion 25% more in price

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    aliendarkmind
    Participant

Hi sorry if its against the rule to talk about the price (i know there is alot of controversy about it) But are there gonna be a sale or something at some point 50$ is a lot of money for some software that a lot of people say is not worth it (Want it since i have no problem tinkering with stuff). But 50$ is not something i can brush away if it does not work on my system.
    I would proberbly buy it at 30 or 40$ but with danish taxes the price is 25% higher than the normal asking price.
    Right now i cant do anything but hope the price is reduced at some point, so i figured i would ask before i got my hopes up.
    If this question is against the rules, then please delete it. Thanks:)

Karlor
    Participant

There’s no controversy over talking about price? If 50 is too much then the 800+ for the HMD and 1500+ for the pc must of put you in the street no? Its only a fraction of what you have spent and it let’s you use all that hardware to play actual games in VR. Just buy it you’ll instantly see that its worth evey penny.

aliendarkmind
    Participant

I did not say i could not afford it, it was a question if it would be worth it, since i dont like throwing money out of the window, but i can deal with a certain amount, i just dont want to do it with 50$
    The question was if there would be a sale. If you read up on the software (Not only on this site) a lot of people like the software, but just as many dont. Thats why im in doubt.
    Just because i have the money doesnt mean i want to use all of them. I dont know anyone with the software, so its a guess if its good for me. i guess i wait and see if a sale ever happens. thanks for the answer anyway:)

Everybody
    Participant

I don’t expect a sale ever.

If you like/don’t mind tinkering the software will let you revisit old favorites. Even truly playing 1 or 2 can make it totally worthwhile. If you want to make sure it’s not $$ out the window make a post listing your top 2-3 desired games to play and see if they are actually workable. Some games really aren’t, some are. It’s going to take actual work to get most games to the playable point, but once setup you should be in for some fun :)

aliendarkmind
    Participant

Thats a really great idea, i have a couple of games on my mind that would make it worth it if they do work, did not really think of asking. will do that pronto:) Thanks:)

Karlor
    Participant

I would agree that if your fav games aren’t supported then its not for you, but if your fav games are then you’ll be blown away. Ive used it for a couple years at this point and vorpX has only gotten better and better. Iv used it on probably like 20ish AAA games in VR and its the real deal. If your sick and tired of playing the “games” that barely pass for tech demos(most are priced at or around vorpX) then buy vorpX and play real games with your sexy VR hardware.

If you can read, have eyes to read with, can follow a list, and are fully able to make decisions for yourself based on your own ideas and feelings then voprX is for you and you will have a great time.

Fact: people are incredibly unfathomably stupid.
    The more stupid a person is the louder they yell on the internet. Hence the idea or misconception that vorpX is some sort of “rip off” is laughable. People who can’t figure out how to make vorpX work are just good old fashioned stupid or have the patience of a small child.

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

There are two kind of reactions to Vorpx. Either you aren’t ready to do what it takes to get it to work and you hate it, or you get it working and play dozens of games in VR and have a blast. No matter how small the price is it’s not worth even a dollar if you can’t get it to work. If you can get it to work you get dozens of games in VR and Vorpx is the best money you’ll ever spend on a VR app.
    I don’t think the price is too high, but I think Ralf should introduce a refund system or a demo version, and a big disclaimer, that it is not a perfect VR app and that you can’t expect games to work like the native apps on Steam or Home. Though a handful of games work pretty damn well if you set it up right. Like really well!

Ps. Jeg er fra Danmark og mener ikke at det kostede ekstra, da der kun bliver trukket told af fysiske varer.

nieda113
    Participant

i dont hink that tax will apply for u since EU member states dont have to pay tax.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ nieda : that is not correct, all EU contries have a sales tax, precisely ‘value added tax’ (VAT), ranging from 16%-25% depending on the country. Scandinavian countries are among those with the highest VAT.

aliendarkmind
    Participant

Ok thanks to you guys, i bought it. Its great, but i see what people talk about with the shortcommings. Mainly game design. Direct vr or what its called when it scans the game is no less than genious. I think it was worth it, but really need to fidle a little more, it seems like the fov in the profiler dont really work on any games, so must do something wrong.
    Also the resolution was bad in fallout 4 (Only tested the standard setting, will fiddle with the ini later.) Great software Ralf, still a bit pricey when you think of how fidely it is.
    But i could see the supportcases go way out of proportion if it was cheaper.
    Would not recommend any of my friends who have a hard time even understanding what a ini file can do to a game.

I hate this term, but i is kinda for hardcore pc enthusiasts.

aliendarkmind
    Participant

Ohh and thanks for the help everyone:) The price was 50$ or little over 300 danish kroner.
    The games i wanted to play with it is not really great, but Bioshock infinite is great with it, so no loss. Can play it again.

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Here is a thread for more inspiration. Feel free to add your findings to the list:

Rank your 5 best Vorpx games.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!