3D Reconstruction Problem

Homepage Forums Technical Support 3D Reconstruction Problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Hello, I am currently trying to fix a problem in a game (when you peek into a room with a camera, the screen becomes black) where ingame 3D Reconstruction = OFF helps, but 3D OFF through a hotkey or using edgepeek mono does not. I noticed that VorpX lowers down the 3D Strength to 0 when temporarily using an ON/OFF hotkey rather then turning off 3D Reconstruction.

Is there a reason that VorpX handles this that way ?
    (May be changing this could help in other games too in similar cases).

If nessecary i can describe the problem more detailed.

RJK_
    Participant

This seemed to be a profile specific problem. Right now i am testing a different profile where this is not happening.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not 100% sure if I understand the issue, but if I do, it might be related to positional tracking being enabled. If you encounter something similar in the future, check whether positional tracking is enabled and turn it off for testing purposes.

RJK_
    Participant

Unfortunately i cant remember the profile that was causing the issue so i cant reproduce this at the moment. The image seemed to be rendered on a surface too far away from the viewer that couldnt be handled properly by that profile and i think pos. headtracking had some influence on this. Ill try this first next time.

Anyway, Thanks for the hint, Ralf. BTW: The game was Kotor 2. Same as Kotor 1 where you have to use those room cameras quite often.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!