7 Days to Die Alpha 18.4 – VorpX not attaching

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion 7 Days to Die Alpha 18.4 – VorpX not attaching

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    noodlecake
    Participant

I decided to try this game out as it’s one of my favs and it just wont complete attaching. I get a message asking me if I want to add it to an exclude list and say no and then it just hangs indefinitely.

I’m not sure if it’s specific to the latest version of 7 Days to Die or whether it’s something to do with my setup. I downloaded the latest profile for the game which has the most endorsements too and disabled the anti-cheat thing in the 7 Days to Die launcher but it makes no difference.

Anybody else had any luck/got any advice?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Never tried the game, so I can’t really say anything specific. What’s always worth a shot besides checking for potential conflicts with other programs that may hook into games, is trying the ‘Alternative Hooking’ method. Can be enabled in the config app.

Caveat: even if alternative hooking helps in one case, don’t forgot to switch back later. It’s not better, just different. Some games require the default hooking method.

noodlecake
    Participant

Oh yeah! I forgot about the alternative hooking method! I will give that a try.

noodlecake
    Participant

Alternative hooking didn’t help. Still wont attach. It tries to but never manages it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no guarantee that vorpX can attach to unsupported games. Most of the time it does (provided it’s a DX9-11 or OpenGL game), but it doesn’t necessarily have to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!