A big black gap in the middle!!!!!!!!!!

Homepage Forums Technical Support A big black gap in the middle!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Seifeldein Nour
    Participant

Dear Vorpx Team,

now I have been trying to setup vorpx to oculus rift. I followed the instructions. i removed all unnecessary files that might interfere with vorpx performance. I configured the rift in the extended mode and i put it as my first display (portrait). i faced a V sync problem that the image in the rift appears to be vertical not horizontal. i removed the AERO and put the rift display as portrait and the display became normal as horizontal. however the problem now is that the display is always separated half with a huge black gap between the two portions of the displayed image?!!!!!! i thought its because of the Vorpx settings i tried to find out but i got nothing as all calibrations and configurations don’t make this gap disappear!!! please help me with useful instructions to get red of that bug as i spent all the last 4 hours trying to fix it!.

I use
    Saphire R9 290 graphic card
    I7 processor
    windows 7
    !!!!!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please double check whether you followed ALL steps in the DK2 Setup Guide in the vorpX help. It explains two possible setups. Short version below. Please still read the guides in the help, they also contain other important information.

Please also make sure that the game uses true 1920×1080 fullscreen mode.

You have two options to use vorpX:

A. The convenient one (works with most games)

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as SECONDARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Show on DK2″ display wise in the vorpX config app.

B. The compatible one

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as PRIMARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Use system settings” display wise in the vorpX config app.

It is important to choose the right setting in the vorpX config app according to your display settings in Windows. It is important to choose the right setting in the vorpX config app according to your display settings in Windows.

For a more detailed guide including screenshots please check the DK2 setup guide that comes with vorpX.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!