A plague;Innocense

Homepage Forums Technical Support A plague;Innocense

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    nieda113
    Participant

Hi i got a free game from epic gamestor. A plague , innocense. The profile i use is from the cloudprofiles which say immersive screen and g3d. But i dont have an g3d just somehting like a z buffer. I can not adust any depht . I use the fov hack, this works kind of but still no g3d. If i enable voprpx to adjust game setting this fov hack does not work anymore, So will there be a chance for an official g3d profile, or the other option is anyone aware of a profile that works with the plague gameengine? THX 4 rpl

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’ve made some G3D progress tonight, but I’ll post it tomorrow after I’ve tested it some more. Still no Z3D option though, I need Ralf to teach me how that is assigned in the tool.

dellrifter22
    Participant

A Plague Tale: Innocence (G3D) added to the cloud.

Looking pretty good in G3D immersive screen with only minor shadow offsets – almost unnoticeable in most scenes, where generally the lighting and atmospheres are stunning.

Recommended settings:

To avoid vibrating textures, Ambient Occlusion and Anti Aliasing must be disabled with a file edit. With Notepad, open ENGINESETTINGS found in: C:\Users\(name)\Documents\My Games\A Plague Tale Innocence … set SSAO and AA entries to “Enabled 0”, save and close.

{SSAO
    Enabled 0
    Quality 0
    }
    {AA
    Enabled 0
    Type 0
    Quality 0
    }

In Game:
    -use a 16:9 resolution (2560×1440)
    -set Textures to High
    -set Contact Shadows Off
    -set everything else to Low

*use EdgePeek for cutscenes when 3D strength is too strong
    *resolution scaling is safe to use if you need additional performance
    *tested on HP Reverb with mouse/keyboard

I’ve only tested through to chapter 5, but things seem to be working as expected. The FOV tool can work if opened after the game is already running in vorpX, but honestly you don’t need it. I feel the default view is already very immersive in the way I’ve placed the screen and 3D, but you can adjust whatever you want of course. Enjoy.

nieda113
    Participant

@dellrifter thx seems your g3d profile works. Some glitches i dont care. Much better than any z_profile.
    Many thx

Aaroncls
    Participant

Gonna check it out. Thanks, man!

Aaroncls
    Participant

Following up, looks like this profile (or any?) does not work on the Xbox Pass copy of Plague.
    One channel is completely blacked out for some reason.
    Not a big deal tho, gonna snatch a Steam copy as soon as it is discounted and try it out.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I used the Epic Store version they gave for free recently, but I would imagine the steam one should work the same.

Note that I tested with mainly all low settings, and the main menu screen with the rats may have a stronger black shadow offset than is noticable during actual gameplay.

It’s a shame that gamepass struggles with vorpX compatibility. It seems like a great value otherwise.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The majority of Gamepass games should work, just the ones that are compiled as Windows Store (UWP) apps won’t. For the most part that will affect Microsoft first party titles, third party games are more likely regular (Win32) programs. That’s just a rule of thumb though, there are exceptions. E.g. Resident Evil 7 Gamepass is a UWP app.

There also is another, less dramatic, pitfall: even if a game works in principle, the game devs may have chosen to use different .exe names for the various stores. That can easily be addressed by adding the actual .exe to the profile (for user profiles) or creating a profile copy for the actual .exe.

DADDYPANK
    Participant

@Aaroncls

Sometimes when you only see one eye displayed, switching between the display modes (DirectVR, immersive screen mode etc) fixes it.

Fairweather
    Participant

I get an error message from vorpx when starting the game. Something about an unknown ”dx11” file. Then the game launches in 2d only. Anyone know what the problem is? Just installed from steam, no mods.

drowhunter
    Participant

Not a big deal tho, gonna snatch a Steam copy as soon as it is discounted and try it out.

75% off christmas sale

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!