A Quick (I promise) request

Homepage Forums Technical Support A Quick (I promise) request

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zahncisten
    Participant

Ralf, everything is awesome, runs perfect. I was just wanting to test something. The official profile for Prey (2017) only does z-normal and z-adaptive. The engine is CryEngine 4. I saw elsewhere on the forums where someone used a CryEngine 3 profile for a CryEngine 4 game with G3D. I attempted to change the name of prey.exe in order to attempt using the Crysis 3 game profile, but it won’t run if I do that. I was hoping I could ask if you could test out whether the Crysis 3 profile would hook with Prey 2017 and whether it would interpret the 3D. I’ve been playing Prey 2017 and its awesome, but the Z3D is strange for some upclose textures. Whenever you have the time or ability, I’d appreciate it. I’m sure you’re busy.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t rememeber what was the issue, but for some reason G3D didn’t work right when the was profile done last year. I’ll take another look at it, since then quite a few improvements were implemented for the DX11 G3D render path, so with some luck it might work now. Fingers crossed.

zahncisten
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I really appreciate it. Fingers and toes! 😜

Ralf
    Keymaster

Good news: G3D will be available for Prey 2017 with the next regular vorpX version. Requires a vorpX update, an updated profile is not enough unfortunately. So while the request was quick for you, it cost me almost two days. ;) The changes will benefit other games too though, so that was time well spent.

No release date yet. Probably sometime in November, but I can’t promise that 100%. Definitely before Christmas.

zahncisten
    Participant

Whoa, that is awesome. I definitely cannot wait (of course, I will, though 😆). Prey’s CryEngine profile will definitely be a great asset. No kidding, Ralf, you are excellent. Thank you, sir.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Good news: G3D will be available for Prey 2017 with the next regular vorpX version. Requires a vorpX update, an updated profile is not enough unfortunately. So while the request was quick for you, it cost me almost two days. 😉 The changes will benefit other games too though, so that was time well spent.

No release date yet. Probably sometime in November, but I can’t promise that 100%. Definitely before Christmas.

Sorry but I have to ask, is this enabled already?
    I’m thinking of getting Prey on this sale.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not yet. Will be in the next larger update 19.1.0, which will be released before Christmas.

zahncisten
    Participant

Oh man, I can’t wait!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!