A request for keeping Vorpx 0.9.1

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion A request for keeping Vorpx 0.9.1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gemno
    Participant

I have the DK2 and don’t plan on upgrading .. it’s too expensive and I don’t believe diving into another HMD at this point is a good investment as they seem to drop all support for the previous iteration on new release. My content works great as is. Vorpx has done an amazing job and I’d really like to keep what I have working. I’ll be playing Left 4 Dead 2, Skyrim and Fallout 4 for the foreseeable future. So please Ralf, can I keep Vorpx 0.9.1 and runtime 0.8 and my DK2? I don’t really want to update my Vorpx, runtime or drivers. Everything is working beautifully and I’m a happy gamer.

Karlor
    Participant

If its the same as it was the only thing you have to do is make sure you don’t open the vorpx config app while connected to internet. You can probably still use the vorpx driver part while connected without auto updating but if you’re super paranoid just don’t be connected to internet while using either. I stayed on 8.1 well past the release of the newer version until I finally decided to try it out. Kinda wish Id stuck with 8.1 vorpx longer but hey it is what it is.

gemno
    Participant

While I agree with you, Karlor, that is an option it’s not exactly optimal. Most of the games I play I bought on Steam. I’m hoping to have an option to upgrade or not instead of being required to do so .. so I can keep running my DK2 with the games I already enjoy on Steam.

zarlor
    Participant

FYI, I’m running the 1.3 SDK with my DK2 right now and it works just fine so all you’d need to do is upgrade your SDK and the new version of VorpX, when it’s released, should work just fine for you. Probably better than what you’re used to even. DK2 isn’t going to be “officially” supported by Oculus (so you can’t get tech support from them on it) but nothing in it prevents the DK2 from working for you. In fact there are several new things you could probably get on Oculus Home for free right now, not to mention the new SDK generally works a lot better, I think. There’s also a switcher someone created allowing you, with a simple batch file, to switch between various SDK versions. I’ve used it when I was on 0.8 to switch to 0.6 for some of the older things that were not updated, but I have not tried the new version so take that for whatever it’s worth.

sangsar
    Participant

I think Oculus has indicated that the DK2 would be usable with the run times through the rest of the year. Which means that they probably aren’t going to be usable with the “current” runtimes forever. My concern is that I’ll wake up some morning and find the DK2 unusable because the runtime updated itself to something the DK2 can’t use. (I don’t know if they auto update or not, but they might.) If that happened it would be nice to be able to reinstall the 0.8 runtime again and be able to use vorpx as now.

gemno
    Participant

As I figured the latest VORPX breaks my DK2 with all games. Please Ralf. Can I have VORPX .9.1 back? It worked great with runtime .8

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!