A simple suggestion for clear images

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings A simple suggestion for clear images

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    zahncisten
    Participant

So, call me silly, but the other day, I realized, “hey, I should use lens cleaning wipes on my HMD lenses” (not the inside, I’m not suggesting anyone take their HMD lenses out, I mean wiping off the exterior of the lenses). This made a great difference! @steph12 probably already does this since you use prescription lenses, but I don’t know how many people think to clean off their lenses. It made things a lot clearer.
    It sounds so obvious, but I didn’t think of it at first. Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there for anyone else. BTW, I use disposable lense wipes for my glasses and I just used one of them for the HMD lenses, and it worked perfectly (the brand is Zeiss).

RJK_
    Participant

I do the same, may be once a week, and it really helps. Besides that i use a bellows to remove occacional dust. ( the dochebag from your wife will probably do the same job )

zahncisten
    Participant

Lol, I’m not sure if I should thank you for that suggestion 😜, but keeping the lenses clean is definitely a good idea. Do you have any other routine maintenance ideas?

RJK_
    Participant

No, not really. Something i wonder about is how you guys keep that cable away from the (office) chair. While not in use my HMD is placed right next to the monitor on the table, but the cable which is hanging always down to the floor tends to slide into my direction, so i keep accidentally rolling over it which is shurely not good..

zahncisten
    Participant

Yeah, that’s definitely not good. I put my HMD exactly like you do, but I installed a hook on the bottom of the desk, and I loop the cable up into it. That keeps it off the floor for me, if that makes sense.

RJK_
    Participant

Your hook hook brought me to the idea to let the cable slide through a ring at the end of a rubber band thats mounted on the side of the desk now.The rubber band keeps the cable off the ground (so far).

zahncisten
    Participant

Lol, good idea! I’m always looking for ways to manage the cords and cables.

red
    Participant

Fix a retractable dog-walking lead to the ceiling by the handle directly above where you sit. Run the HDMI cable thorugh the metal hook that’s supposed to go on the dog’s collar. The cable will now be pulled up and out of the way when not in use and extend when you need it to.

Go one step further and thread the HDMI cable through a ring at some halfway height between the computer and the dog lead, 100cm to the left or right of your sitting position. The cable will now never touch you.

Hadn’t thought of cleaning the lenses. Good call.

zahncisten
    Participant

That’s a cool idea with the retractable dog-walking lead. I was just talking to someone about that very situation, but didn’t think of that solution! Thanks 😃

RJK_
    Participant

Great invention !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!