A way to adjust the screen up or down.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion A way to adjust the screen up or down.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    pamgpamg
    Participant

hi,

is there anyway to adjust the screen up or down? This is because when i play in full vr. The screen is extremely zoomed to the bottom. So when i actually want to aim above, i have to force my eye or neck upwards. Anyone? I tried adjusting fov, but it still unplayable. i testing out far cry 3. can anyone confirm the game runs in dx11? it only works in dx9

pamgpamg
    Participant

Also, another thing. If i were to reformat my pc in the future. Will the key stay valid as well? So long i using the same pc?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That is a more complex issue than you probably think (and I originally thought too). vorpX actually had the ability to change the vertical position of the image in the first CV1 specific release to help with a certain feature of the CV1 optics. There is a severe drawback when doing this though that makes it *completely* useless: since your eyes aren’t centered at the perspective center of the rendered image anymore, you get heavy perspective distortion when you rotate your head. So this was removed again after a short experimentation phase. Asolutely the same is true for Vive.

TLDR: The ONLY way to deal with that correctly is adjusting the image zoom, changing the vertical position does not work due to distortion it introduces.

Key: if you reformat your PC, you will need a new key. That’s no problem though.

pamgpamg
    Participant

okay erm about the reformating pc, can i use the old user and key sent to me? What you meant by having new key? isn’t new key are required if you changing whole computer or so?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you reformat yout PC or buy a new one, you need a new key. In such a case you can request a new key the same way that you requested it when you originally activated vorpX.

pamgpamg
    Participant

okay thanks, seems troublesome if i do that. So what’re the step i am required to do? just send an email with my old request code and that’s it?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sorry, I really don’t want to sound rude, but since this is the third or fourth time within two days that you reiterate a question that I answered just before: please actually read answers to your questions before posting another one. Thanks.

To quote myself from the post above: “…you can request a new key the same way that you requested it when you originally activated vorpX.”

pamgpamg
    Participant

All right thanks,

Another thing about zoomed in issue which i have been trying to solve it for so long.

So far, Game menu is still extremely zoomed-in with full vr mode (Non-virtual cinema mode).

But During gameplay, it seems to work fine such as far cry 3, outlast and l4d2( not supported but able to tweak fov by console).

Other few multiplayer games such as battlefield 4 doesn’t seems to work when i set it in game setting optimizer. I don’t know about rift users, they seems to work judging from their youtube videos.

Really at the end of choices. Could use some help thanks. If all fails, i might consider reformatting. But again, that could be pointless, if nothing could change at all.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Again: please, please, please actually read answers to your questions. As said yesterday answering your exact same question:

For using menus that aren’t fully visible, switch to EdgePeek Mode by pressing the mouse wheel.

For some games you can change the HUD/menu scale on the image page of the ingame menu, but for that to work vorpX needs to be able to detect the HUD, which isn’t possible for every game.

FOV (field of view) is the view angle of the camera in a 3D-scene, adjusting it usually has no effect on HUDs or menus.

Myrilion
    Participant

hi,

is there anyway to adjust the screen up or down? This is because when i play in full vr. The screen is extremely zoomed to the bottom. So when i actually want to aim above, i have to force my eye or neck upwards.

There is a work-around by using the Virtual Theatre. The problem is, that you lose the full-immersion effect: You can’t zoom the image enough leading to black bands above and below. And the window will not follow your head movement, so you will see the edges, if you turn your head left / right / up or down.

The solution:
    – Hit < Del > in game to enter vorpX setup.
    – Set the display to “Virtual Theatre”.
    – Turn the scene to <None>. (Better performance, less flares.)
    – Lower your head 10, 20, 30 cm below your normal playing position, depending of how wrong vorpX is centreing the image.
    – Then hit <Alt> & <Space>. (This will recalibrate your position, tricking vorpX into thinking that you are smaller.)
    – Decrease the distance of the virtual screen.
    – Make sure the setting of “Lock headtracking” is off, because that overwrites our calibration.

It’s now more like an IMAX 3D cinema, but you will have the image perfectly centered and it’s way better than the normal “VR” vorpX experience.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The image is always perfectly centered in Full VR mode in the sense that the center of the image is exactly where the vorpX camera is looking.

Since the Rift (and to a lesser degree the Vive) render slightly asymmetrically, you will see a larger bar at the bottom than at the top with Image Zoom values below 1.0. That is perfectly normal and actually means that the image center is perfectly centered to the camera. It may sound unintuitive, but adjusting the vertical position in a way that top/bottom bars are the same height would actually cause the image to be off-center.

Myrilion
    Participant

The image is always perfectly centered in Full VR mode in the sense that the center of the image is exactly where the vorpX camera is looking.

Since the Rift (and to a lesser degree the Vive) render slightly asymmetrically, you will see a larger bar at the bottom than at the top with Image Zoom values below 1.0. That is perfectly normal and actually means that the image center is perfectly centered to the camera. It may sound unintuitive, but adjusting the vertical position in a way that top/bottom bars are the same height would actually cause the image to be off-center.

I think the problem only arises when the image is sent 1:1 to the headset as if it was a normal display, only using lens distortion.

There is no such a problem when using a virtual screen.

– Make sure the setting of “Lock headtracking” is off, because that overwrites our calibration.

Can’t edit anymore. “Lock headtracking” should be ON.

Bolo
    Participant

I understand that in Full VR mode it is not possible to raise or lower displayed VR image? I have a problem with most games that there is a black bar below the displayed image. Centering the image VR zoom change FOV does nothing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!