AC: Valhalla

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings AC: Valhalla

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

For those waiting on a working profile, Valhalla now fully works (menus and all) in SuperDepth3D with reshade. One of the best looking beautiful games in 3d for sure.
    You just need to use the reversed? (I think it was) depth map in the setup and tweak the setting a bit to get it right.
    Gorgeous though, and fully working now.

dellrifter22
    Participant

That’s good. If reshade can do it, then I’m hoping vorpX can do it soon too.

I’m still hoping and waiting, Valhalla’s the main title I have been wanting to play this year. I’m just a sucker for beautiful large open worlds to explore, and of course there is no better way than in VR :)

Thanks again for the tip. It’s good to know there may be a plan B.

maxiej123
    Participant

You have like a step by step guide to get it working with reshape by chance ? I was gonna try that game out next and just so I can know how to use reshape in general to get a game running such as the evil within

dborosev
    Participant

This shows you how in general. Like I said above, the settings need some minor tweaking (1 min worth) to dial it in, but looks brilliant when you do.
    (using the proper reversed? depthmap is key)

dborosev
    Participant

@Dellrifter,

Yeah, I’m sure vorpx will be able to up the framerate on it, but for now its a great option.

forlaunchcast
    Participant

Nice! I finally picked up Valhalla just last week and am enjoying the hell out of it, even in pancake mode. Thank you!!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Guys, this forum is the vorpX support forum. Please keep the discussion related to vorpX. If you want to discuss other things, please do so in the according forums. Thanks!

Dave
    Participant

Vorpx supports some games with build-in 3D, in that profiles Z3D and G3D is deactivated and hidden, for example the last couple Tomb Raider Profiles. This Profiles support Side-by-Side 3D input, as well as the vorpx Desktop Viewer. Start games that are officially supported(!) by Reshade’s Depth3D in SBS Mode and hook it with the Tomb Raider Profiles or other profiles that are similar (Deus EX ?), and enjoy the full vorpx features with an alternative 3D-Driver for example Depth3D or TriDef.

The Depth3d VR Companion App is Crap, use vorpx for full comfort !

What i wish for the future is a similar vorpx profile that supports DX12 !

Dave
    Participant

@Ralf

Is it not possible to create a experimental profile, that supports Z3D in AC Valhalla exclusively in Britain without Z3D in the Prolog in Denmark ? That profile can’t be a official vorpx profile, but may you please upload it with a disclaimer in the vorpx profiles cloud ?

steph12
    Participant

i’ll just wait for official vorpx profile, i really hope that Ralf will manage to make this game works, and yeah i still havent touched valhalla because i’m waiting for this very profile :D but it’s fine i’m busy with tons of others games.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ user77: I haven’t played thus for yet, but doubt there will be much of a difference. The problem is that the game switches between two depth buffer textures seemingly randomly. Normally vorpX can deal with such cases, but in AC:Valhalla it sometimes fails to determine which one is currently active, causing 3D to fail occasionally. I have looking into the matter on my to-do-list.

Dave
    Participant

Ralf, you need a solution for the numerous upcoming dx12 games, for each one a handmade official vorpx profile is too much work for a single developer. This will become more and more a problem of vorpx in the next 2 -3 years. In 5 years there will be dx13 and after that dx14, this is a very big problem for vorpx. A solution is may be a Creation Kit or SDK to create dx12 profiles by user like RJK_, dellrifter22, dborosev. A tool with a self-explanatory GUI but all functions to create that profiles. Useless without pre-knowledge, in favor of simplicity for vorpx enthusiasts.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Profiles for DX12 games can be created the same way as they can for DX9/10/11/OpenGL by copying existing profiles. That doesn’t help in this case though due to the issue outlined in my reply above. That has to be addressed with vorpX source code changes (if possible).

Dave
    Participant

My English is crap, and don’t have any knowledge in coding or developing but i really really love vorpx and helixvision and give me way too many thoughts about it.

haints
    Participant

Could you share your specific settings other than the reversed DM for Valhalla, dborosev?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!