AC: Valhalla

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings AC: Valhalla

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Anyone have inside knowledge if this will work out of the box with one of the existing profiles (ie. Odyssey)?

Smoils
    Participant

Often devs are lazy and milking a dead cow devs especially. So they would use same base, just update content.

Unless last AC was DX11 and they are selling new GPUs with Valhalla and do DX12 should most likely work.

dborosev
    Participant

Looks like AnvilNext 2.0 is the engine of their last few. And this game too. So we should be in luck I hope.

Dave
    Participant

If Valhalla uses DLSS in an optional DX11 Mode, like Watch Dogs Legion, G3D is possible with the new nvidia 3000 Cards. I did a benchmark in WD Legion in medium details, in 3K and DLSS with average 50 fps, with a RTX 3080. A RTX 2080 Ti should do this in 2k, too.

But both games are soulless and ridiculous superficial.

Dave
    Participant

Ubi is visionless and scared, because of the Fiasco of Ghost Recon Breakpoint. With WD Legion they made the “Openworld Service Game Apocalypse” worse. That is the reason why they postponed Far Cry 6 to late 2021. They should fire all screenwriters, directors and actors of the cutscenes for all ubi games, and hire really good story writers. The gameplay is not designed for hardcore players, it is designed for casual gamers, and this is a big mistake.

Dave
    Participant

its a pitty, Valhalla does not support DLSS and because of that there will be not enough performance in G3D, also not with my RTX 3080

Ogrescar
    Participant

Turning on DLSS breaks many, if not all, G3D profiles where such an option exists anyway.

Dave
    Participant

I finished Watch Dogs Legion in Z3D with activated DLSS. Or do you mean DLSS in G3D ?

Ogrescar
    Participant

I said it breaks G3D. I didn’t say it broke Z3D.

dborosev
    Participant

Anyone tried it now that its out? I can’t play until tomorrow as I bought the epic version for refundability, but just curious if the Odyssey profile works.
    I’ll report back tomorrow if I have any luck.

Dave
    Participant

@Ralf:

Please release a new vorpx version with a profile for Valhalla !!!

@dborosev
    :

I played some hours with the profile of Death Stranding, because Valhalla is DX12, only. The profiles of the old Assassins Creed’s won’t work, because they are DX11, only. Z3D does not work with the profile of Death Stranding and the performance is very unstable.

(The game is still full of bugs, but the acting performance and story telling is well. Even if i guess that the animations of the mouth are AI created and not by motion capturing, i think it’s because of Covid 19 production problems, or something like that.)

dborosev
    Participant

So what works then, G3D? If so, ouch, that would be a massive performance killer on a game like this. We need a good Z3D profile.

Dave
    Participant

Z3D doesn’t work until now, too. We need a new profile by vorpx.

Good News are that the adaptive Quality setting is much better than in Odyssey and Origins. The 60 fps are stable now, and it still looks good. The new adaptive Quality setting is almost comparable to DLSS, and what’s more is that Valhalla has no heavy CPU usage it is GPU limited game. If vorpx supports DX12 G3D in the future, this game should work.

dborosev
    Participant

Can confirm, I get no 3D of any kind using any of the profiles I tested. (Odyssey, Origins, Death Stranding, Red Dead)
    Bummer. I think Ralf is gearing up a new release soon, maybe it will be part of that? Fingers crossed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!