A:CM Direct VR problem

Homepage Forums Technical Support A:CM Direct VR problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AndyW
    Participant

Having (with some fiddling) got VorpX to hook into A:CM, I find I’ve got problems with using Direct VR. The rotation and FOV scans report success, and the positional scan reports failure. The FOV then appears to be badly mis-set, with the view in front appearing very distant and the scene warping as I turn my head.

Re-running the scan has the same result, as does exiting the game and re-starting it. Re-centering the view in VorpX doesn’t help.

Any ideas of anything I can do to fix this?

I have A:CM and VorpX excluded from virus checker, no Steam overlay (and no other overlays I’m aware of), starting A:CM using a VorpX created shortcut (with watcher paused), launching from VorpX desktop viewer, entirely clean new install of A:CM, starting a new campaign. I’m running on Windows 10 64 on a non-admin account.

Many thanks for any suggestions. I’m happy to collect debug logs if need be :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you set the FOV slider in the game’s options to the leftmost position like indicated in the apply hint that is shown on the Direct VR page of the ingame menu and after the scan? In regard to potential failures please chevk the hint text that is shown during each scan. It pretty much says all that I can say in this regard.

Consider positional Direct VR the icing on the cake. Ideally it shouldn’t fail of course, but it’s not relly necessary, especially in games like ACM that have positional tracking anyway.

AndyW
    Participant

Thanks Ralf – I’d started the scan first by the Alt-L shortcut, then by the option on the VorpX main page, so didn’t see the FOV slider hint in advance. I think I was so put off by the distorted view that I never even saw an after-scan hint.

Curiously, either pulling the FOV slider to the left or running the scan from the DirectVR page of the menu (or just chance) also got positional tracking scan to work. Not that I was bothered about that (I just thought it may be diagnostic), but it’s good to know everything’s working as intended.

And it’s way better through Direct VR, as that fixes the annoying need to adjust the view after player animations (like opening doors).

Ralf
    Keymaster

BTW: Depending on the game version you are using, you may have a seriously annoying film grain noise overlaying the image and/or misplaced lense flare effects. If that is the case, it makes sense to wait until the next vorpX version is out, I fixed both a few days ago.

AndyW
    Participant

I’ve got the version with the film-grain switch in options (turned off, hated it even playing on a monitor), but that’s still good to know. Any other tweaks in the pipeline, before I get reckless and start experimenting :)?

Ralf
    Keymaster

For now just the grain and the lens flares. There is one more severe issue left that I couldn’t solve yet despite dedicating almost a whole day to it last week: with both Rift and Vive the game tends to crash from time to time with Direct VR, which does not happen in debug mode (without an actual headset). Rather odd issue that I would like to solve, but I’m not sure whether I will have time to check it again before the next release. You can usually get past such points by continuing from the last checkpoint.

AndyW
    Participant

Ah, that might be the crash I got. Oh well, bearable if not too frequent.

I might try Helix Mod out of curiosity while waiting for the next version, but I won’t be surprised if it wrecks everything :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!