Adam – Episode 1

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles Adam – Episode 1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Parotaku
    Participant

It’s not a game but a short film rendered in real time, and a demo/showcase of what is possible to do with Unity… so I decided to try & make a profile for it… and it worked with some real 3D! Enjoy!

Unfortunately, Episode 2 has no working depth… yet… ;-)

If you’re interested in running it, you can get it here: https://blogs.unity3d.com/2016/11/01/adam-demo-executable-and-assets-released/

Profile available at the cloud.

Smoils
    Participant

Thats interesting, like those experimental short movie experiences available on steam for vr, those are usually developed for vr and have 360, but still…

Smoils
    Participant

I have now tested this profile, Ive tried all settings it offers (fantastic and good only to see if it kills antialiasing or something in the way), I have run app windowed and fullscreen, I have tried making my own profile based on unity one I had success in other games, but alas none of my effort was fruitful to get it have any depth not on yours nor my own profiles.

Are you absolutely sure there was actual depth? Can you make steamvr mirror screenshot of sbs to manually check if there is any difference between eye renders?..oh wait you have a video…which is hard to check due to compression and fake depth things like dof etc they have used but it looks like there is slight depth when I overlay pictures in photoshop…need to see if its my eyes or my vorpx misbehaving now

Ogrescar
    Participant

I watched the video with virtual desktop in half-sbs mode and there’s depth, probably would look better uncompressed. Not inclined to test the profile though.

Parotaku
    Participant

Yes, there is depth… it varies depending on the scene (maybe there are some rendering ‘tricks’ used in some scenes to avoid some heavy load on the GPU) but, for instance, on the shot where the 2 robots are approaching from far away, you can clearly see the grass is on the foreground and the robots in the background…
    Also, Adam the main robot is often displayed on the foreground…

Again, it’s just a test I’ve made and I decided to share it… I used the profile from ‘Inside’ as a base as it uses Unity too, but if you find a profile that gives better results, feel free to share!;)

Parotaku
    Participant

Also, if somebody wants to try to find a working profile for episode 2 (which seems to use a more recent version of Unity), the executable is available here: https://blogs.unity3d.com/es/2018/04/11/assets-from-adam-episode-2-and-3-now-available-for-creators-to-explore-on-the-unity-asset-store/

Smoils
    Participant

Still dont see depth in adam original, but Ive made fill g3d profile for the mirror one, its on the cloud, enjoy. Not entirely sure z3d on it works, but you can report back, g3d surely does and if you are switching them around you will need to rewind a bit to get rid of g3d glitch that happens after z3d switch.

I recommend pausing and using mouse wheel to zoom out some scenes, if you have shader authoring enabled you can switch dof back on but it doesnt account for one eye so you will see halos around things.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!