Alien Isolation

Homepage Forums Technical Support Alien Isolation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    beyondthefire
    Participant

Not sure what happened, but when i tried optimize game settings for Aliens Isolation, it said i needed to start the game at least once first. And so i did, but i had to close vorpx as the game would force quit from steam. After running for a few mins, i opened vorpx again, with game being closed, but now i dont see aliens in my optimize settings page.

I have tried restore, re download, nothing works.

beyondthefire
    Participant

I just tried to optimize for battelfront (2015), but i still get the error that the game is not installed. I have it installed and played for several days.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just in case: if for some reason you are using multiple accounts on your PC, please make sure to install and run vorpX (and the config util) with the same user account that you use for the games, otherwise the Game Optimizer may be abke to find user specific game config files.

This can be a problem if you have a different admin account for example. In such a case make sure to install vorpX for your normal user and do not run vorpX as admin afterwards. To install vorpX for your normal user you will have to give this user admin rights during the installation.

beyondthefire
    Participant

I only have one user, and i have tried games on steam and origin now, and they all close as soon as i launch them with vorpx running.

EDIT: running without admin for origin steam and vorpx

Ralf
    Keymaster

If multiple games are not hooking in a similar manner, there probably is a program on your PC that creates a conflict with vorpX by also hooking into games. Quite a few programs do this, not all are obvious. The trouble shooting guide in the help lists a few things to look out for.

The failing Optimizer is VERY strange though. vorpX uses system defined paths to your user directory to locate config files. If that fails for multiple or all programs, something is severely wrong. Please double and triple check that you really do not have a different admin user and also run vorpX both as admin and not as admin. There aren’t many thinkable reasons for these system paths to be invalid other than issues with the user account.

Also make sure that vorpX does not run inside any kind of sandbox. Some “security” software might do such things without you knowing it.

beyondthefire
    Participant

mhm i started to close some software, and now both origin and steam are working! But obviously it doesn’t look good yet since its not optimized.

I am positive that i don’t have any other users on this pc. It would have shown already since whenever i restart, i only see this one account. I still get the error when i try to optimize. The strange thing is that I still don’t see alien isolation in the optimize list anymore.

I have vorpx installed in C folder, while games folder is on another hdd. Not sure thats why?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Te most important thing that the Optimizer does in most cases is setting the field of view. If this can be done with the Optimizer, it also can be done by manual .ini edits. Googling for “FOV YourGame” often brings up short tutorials.

Please also make sure to read the Essential Game Hints in the vorpX help. Among other important infos there you find all possible workarounds that vorpX provides for games that do not allow to adjust the FOV.

beyondthefire
    Participant

I tried some settings in alien, managed to get fov right, but some stuff looked rough compared to others, like the alien was very blurry after i changed some of the settings. I’ll search more later too see what settings i should change. Thanks for the help!

phoenix
    Participant

Excuse for bump this one but i missed anything. Is Alien Isolation vorpx compatible? Is there any procedure to do that? I thought i wouldn´t play after 0.6 sdk update….. How is vorpx vs “native” old mode?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!