Alien Isolation

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Alien Isolation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    bagnet
    Participant

I got this running with vorpx but for some reason the tracking is reversed. have played with all settings but still the same. its almost like there is a screen thats turning the opposite way to normal. its really odd. anyone had similar issues?

Szabby
    Participant

Hi

Just one question. Since Alien Isolation has native OR support programmed into it’s engine, why do you want to play it with VorpX? I play it without VorpX and works like a charm. Try it this way if you have issues.

bagnet
    Participant

because i dont want to be switching driver and i saw it in the games list. the same thing happens on tomb raider as well. something is wrong with head tracking with this version. its the same as people are reporting on gtaV. dishonored is ok so its not all games but somethings not right

Ralf
    Keymaster

If I understand the issue correctly, it’s something that can happen now when a game either hangs or loses input focus.

In prior vorpX versions the screen would just freeze in such a case. But now with Oculus having time warp in their driver you would get something that looks similar to your description. The game freezed, but you are still able too look around the plane that the game is rendered on.

Long story short: probably not a head tracking issue, but an issue with the game either hanging or losing input. The latter might be resolvable by clicking in the game window (in case you run it windowed).

bagnet
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

The games not hung. it still plays normally and if i run it in the home cinema it works perfectly. as soon as you go back to full VR it happens again. Its really hard to explain it. Its like i look left and it looks right. i can see the borders of the window warp around too.. they seem to go the right way. it really is the hardest thing ever to explain! it sounds a hell of a lot like what people are reporting for GTA V though, but its definitely not hung and tracking is responding but in the wrong directions. i tried the invert options but they made no difference. it would not be playable anyway due to the big black moving window edges.. they sort of move the same as the image but reversed.. so the right way,.. ach its hard to describe lol

bagnet
    Participant
    Ralf
    Keymaster

I need to see something before I can even imagine what this issue may be. If possible please create a video, fake something in Photoshop or at least make a sketch in Paint.

Please also make sure that your Rift is connected via Oculus compatible USB 3 ports (use the compatibility tool on the Oculus homepage to make sure your USB3 ports are Oculus appoved). In another thread that seemed to have cured the issue for someone else. For the CV1 USB 3 is a requirement, maybe also for DK2 with the new Oculus runtime.

bagnet
    Participant

i am on usb2 at the moment, 3 made no difference at all. i will see if i can knock something up, its a shame i cant record the feed to the rift direct.. unless you know of a way to do that?

Ralf
    Keymaster

This was a DK2 issue, and you can apply a fix immediately if you want. I will release an update later today.

To apply the fix manually, please

1. Close vorpX if currently running.
    2. Browse to C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Animation Labs\vorpX\Devices
    3. Open OculusRiftDK2.ini with Notepad
    4. Search for iTimewarpMode
    5. Change iTimewarpMode=0 to iTimewarpMode=10
    6. Save the file
    7. Restart vorpX

The AppData folder may be invisible. If sou, please enable “Show hidden files” in Windows Explorer

bagnet
    Participant

oh ok. will try that when i get home in a bit.. is this disabling atw for dk2 though?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nope, it enables the correct ATW mode for SDK 1.3.

bagnet
    Participant

ah right ok. Thanks very much for the speedy reply! You’re a credit to developers :)

simonz
    Participant

Hi

Just one question. Since Alien Isolation has native OR support programmed into it’s engine, why do you want to play it with VorpX? I play it without VorpX and works like a charm. Try it this way if you have issues.

Sorry probably a stupid question … so this works with CV 1 without vorpx ? how ?

Thanks

themaster0071
    Participant

I hope Alien isolation works for the CV1

ten-th
    Participant

Hi

Sorry probably a stupid question … so this works with CV 1 without vorpx ? how ?

Thanks

There wasn’t really an “offical” native support for VR in Alien Isolation. There was the basic idea to implement VR, but it was only as a demo or test mode integrated, but only hidden. You were able to activate it by adding and/or changing some orders/parameters in config or ini files manually – and it was only working up to runtime v0.4 or v0.5 … maybe someone got it to be working up to v0.8, not sure. But as far as i know it’s not working anymore with the new needed runtime v.1.3 .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!