Alien Isolation

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Alien Isolation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zahncisten
    Participant

So, I’m excitedly looking forward to playing Prey (2017) in G3D some time in the future, so I thought I should play something else until then. I switched over to playing Alien Isolation. Obviously a great game. I’ve heard the mod that takes it into VR is good as well, but honestly I can’t play any games in VR outside of VorpX (I have a balance condition that makes me very reliant on my eyes for sense of balance, so playing games in Cinema Mode is great, because there is always something that isn’t moving! Lol).
    Anyway, so I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on Film Grain or other such settings, including (in-game) FOV settings, etc. I put the FOV on 55 and turned Film Grain off. In G3D there is just nothing better, I think. Thoughts?

haints
    Participant

There are a couple of graphic mods for AI you could try, though I don’t know how well they work with VorpX. A ton of SweetFX profiles too that may or may not hook with VorPX. There are gameplay mods as well and I’ve used some of them. Personally I always switch off film grain as I dislike it. I want games to look as real as I can make them and real life doesn’t have any film grain … Same thing with lens flares.

zahncisten
    Participant

Thanks for those suggestions. I was hoping to just avoid Mods for this game. Lately, I’ve sort of gone off them. They tend to make games a little more unstable. Thank the maker for mods in Elex though. Lol need the balance!
    I haven’t considered SweetFX. I’ve done ENB stuff, but it prevents injection by any other utility like VorpX. If SweetFX does the same (I can’t remember) then that would be a problem
    I agree about the film grain. I mean, it looks good if you’re a fan of the movies, which I am, but in VR its distracting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!