Alien Isolation – Can't look around corners?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Alien Isolation – Can't look around corners?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Muskoka1847
    Participant

Hi all, new guy here. Just purchased Vorpx a few days ago, having a blast.

I’ve got AI running well, but I have an issue I can’t seem to sort out. I’ve searched here, and the net, but have not found a working answer. I’m using a Rift, G3D, and a Ps4 controller, and I’m unable to “look around corners”. When I tilt my head, the whole screen is tilting as well. What setting do I need to change to stop this behavior. I’ve tried every “del menu” item that might seem applicable, and nothing seems to help.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Look for a “Lock headroll” type setting in the main vorpX config. It might also be in the delete key menu.

Muskoka1847
    Participant

Look for a “Lock headroll” type setting in the main vorpX config. It might also be in the delete key menu.

Thanks for the response. Got it working pretty good now I think. In the Vorpx taskbar config I leave “Enable Head Tracking Roll” on, the in game “del menu” I have “HT Roll” on, “HT Positional Tracking” on, and “HT Pos Tracking Strength” set at 2.00, might up it a bit, and it seems pretty natural.

There’s some clipping, I can stick my head through walls, and if the strength is too high, and I look around a corner fast, a opening down the hallway will be black, looses the texture. Probably a performance thing at my end.

Guess I missed the “HT Positional Tracking” in the beginning, when that’s off, I can’t look around corners, makes sense.

zahncisten
    Participant

I don’t know about using the ps4 controller, but when you use the keyboard there is a “lean” key, where you can do what you’re talking about. Otherwise, don’t you need to be in Full VR mode in order to have head tracking work like that? Maybe I’m wrong.

Muskoka1847
    Participant

Ps4 controller works fine, with DS4Windows loaded in Win 10.

As far as I know I’m in full vr mode, it seems to be working fine now. Looks and “acts” the same as all my other native vr games. Just need to tweak some for performance.

RABID666
    Participant

it has native support now. no vorpx needed
    https://github.com/Nibre/MotherVR/releases

Muskoka1847
    Participant

it has native support now. no vorpx needed
    https://github.com/Nibre/MotherVR/releases

I’ve used it in the past, don’t know if I’d call it native, just another mod.:)

That mod works fine, but I wanted to try Vorpx for a bunch of other games, so may as well use it with AI as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!