Alien Isolation crashing at startup

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Alien Isolation crashing at startup

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    liahos1
    Participant

So I recently purchased a copy of vorpx to use with my VIVE. My system is as follows:

Windows 10 64bit home
    16GB Ram
    980 ti Gigabyte G1
    Gigabyte X99 Phoenix SLI

When I try to run Alien Isolation steam gives me a warning that it will be running on both my desktop and VR HMD. The game crashes on startup (blank screen after a little bit of the startup audio).

I am currently reinstalling Alien to see if that fixes it. I was previously editing the FOV in the game engine file so maybe I screwed something up there.

Has anyone experienced this?

liahos1
    Participant

Ok so now it works but when I play the game I feel like my character is completely zooomed in. Any solution for the zoomed in issue.

kurry
    Participant

I haven’t played this in a while, but maybe you can try changing the FOV

Alien Isolation: How to change FOV above 75

This will allow you change the FOV higher than the games default max of 75.

1. Locate the ENGINE_SETTINGS.XML file in the games files which can be found in Steam\steamapps\common\Alien Isolation\DATA

2.Open the ENGINE_SETTINGS.XML file in Notepad and find the following line of text <Setting name=Field Of View>

3. Directly under <Setting name=Field Of View> in the file, add the following text <Quality name=90 float=90.0 precedence=8/> You can change the number 90 to which ever FOV value you want.

4. After you have finished adding FOV options, you will need to save the file by either using File>Save or pressing CTRL+S.

Note: If you want to add more FOV options in the file, you will need to change the precedence number to one higher than the number before.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!