Alien Isolation on DK2

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Alien Isolation on DK2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    snakey79
    Participant

Hey guys so I recently bought VorpX and was really really looking forward to Alien Isoltion. Unfortunately, i was put off with the experience as it was TOO ZOOMED in. Needed to press the center mouse wheel for the edge peek all the time, even to start a “new game” or “load game”.
    It runs ok if I play it on Cinema mode but I dont want to do that. Any specific settings to get the game running normally on the DK2?

Szabby
    Participant

Hi!

I recommend you not to use VorpX for Alien Isolation, since it is one of the few games that has “unofficial” Oculus Rift support built into the engine.

To make it work you simply have to edit a line in the cfg file.

Here is a quick guide how you can do this:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/enable-oculus-rift-mode-alien-isolation/

One of the most impressing OR experiences by the way.

Cheers

snakey79
    Participant

Hey Szabby,

Actualy Ive been struggling with the “unofficial native” method for almost a month and tried everything I could find on the internet but was unable to do it.
    I was hoping VorpX would be the answer :(

The “unofficial native” only shows the game as stereo mode on the PC screen and its completely blank on the DK2 (blue light gets turned on though).
    Running this on my ASUS G751 laptop (Gtx 980M) with the latest 355.82 drivers and oculus SDK 0.6.0.1

EDIT: The laptop has G-Sync i just recalled, maybe that could be the issue?

Laser
    Participant

With the unofficial method you need to have dk2 as primary in extended mode, seems like you have your laptop screen as primary?

snakey79
    Participant

Made it work :) I had to set my oculus to SECONDARY display.. strange I know, but it worked somehow.

Laser
    Participant

Yeah its strange, I struggled with that game too, when you get it working dont touch anything. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!