All games crash on start

Homepage Forums Technical Support All games crash on start

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mainframecn
    Participant

When VorpX is running, every game i try to start crashes. No exceptions.
    As far as i can tell the crash happens always when the game initializes the graphics.

Here’s an example of the eventlog entry. All refer to the same faulting module.
    Faulting application name: SpaceEngineers.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x564f666a
    Faulting module name: 9ea08b0b-0.tmp, version: 0.9.1.0, time stamp: 0x56436dee
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000063e2b
    Faulting process ID: 0x10d8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d124333e47c2b6
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64\SpaceEngineers.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Users\MAINFR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\vorpX\9ea08b0b-0.tmp
    Report ID: 1a589114-6211-4ab9-a25c-d51e13ab02f3
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

My setup is:
    Windows 10
    Nvidia 780ti, 350.12 driver
    OR SDK 0.6.0.1 (service running in comp.8 mode)
    VorpX 0.9

I have no virusscanners, DX-hooks of any sort or other programs running as described in the “Basic Trouble Shooting – Please Read This First!” post.
    Unless you count steam, but that’s a mandatory program.

I’ve tried uninstall and reinstall of VorpX and running as an admin.

I’m open for any serious suggestions.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Space Engineers seems to have some probelems since a patch some time ago. Someone just yesterday reported success with disabling the Steam overlay, so that may be worth a try. Steam itself is not an issue, of course.

Please do not run vorpX as admin unless you also run games as admin. Normally that should not be required and can cause more harm than good.

If more games fail in a similar manner, there almost certainly is something on your machine conflicting with vorpX. Not all such case are obvious. Please double check for any chat/messanger program for example. Many of them hook into games.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!