All objects in game have blue and red doubles – Skyrim, fallout new vegas

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings All objects in game have blue and red doubles – Skyrim, fallout new vegas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    alexbridgeman
    Participant

Hey, on my skyrim and my fallout every NPC and static object has a red and a blue double. This makes pretty much everything on csreen distorted. Everythuing else works, except the game is virtually unplayable because of how hard it is to look at. Already mailed vorpx support, no reply after 24 hrs so im posting here

Szabby
    Participant

Hi!

This is an effect caused by the lenses of the Rift, that shifts RGB colours.

While ingame, press del to get VorpX menu.

There is an option to get rid of this effect (fix chromatic aberration).

Hope, it helped!

alexbridgeman
    Participant

Hey dude, that didnt work that just shifted the colours of the overall screen a little. Everything is still being shown double. Like, instead of seeing one pillar, i am seeing 3, one white, one blue and one red note* the pillar should just be one white pillar. Sadly the chromatic abberation didnt help me. Any other ideads? This seems to only affect 3D models, nothing 2d is affected ( eg fallout new vegas main menu)

Szabby
    Participant

Is Skyrim the only software, where you face this issue?

alexbridgeman
    Participant

No, half life 2 and fallout new vegas are also affected.

Szabby
    Participant

Well, if the latest Oculus SDK and runtime are properly installed, I suggest to refresh VGA driver, if possible. Make sure, you play in extended mode and try to pause Oculus service as well. If you still have the issue, you may try VR Game Manager too.

To be honest, this is a weird problem. I faced this issue only once with Alien Isolation. I reinstalled the game, I tried every possible solutio, but I just couldn’t get rid of the “3 coulour” thing. And the wildes part is, that after about 10 tries, suddenly everything went back to be normal, however, I didn’t try anything new, only desperately continuing to make it work on and on. If I remember well, I think at a point I tried to switch the Rift off and than back on before launching the game.

Sorry, but other than that I don’t have any more useful ideas at the moment…

alexbridgeman
    Participant

Thanks for all of your help friend. It seems that this problem will be a persistent one, unfortunately. Maybe skyrim and fallout are not meant to be enjoyed by me on this fine program:( I will look into trying to get it working. By the way, my skyrim is modded however my fallout and my half life are not. Do you have any friends on this forum that may be able to help me??

Szabby
    Participant

Hi!

Since I never had any problems with Skyrim on DK2, assuming, that you have the latest Oculus SDK, runtime and VGA drivers installed, I must suspect, that your issue is due to some graphics settings, not particularly in VorpX but in Skyrim. For me it’s like an issue related to shaders by the way.

So I suggest:
    – turn on “fix chromatic aberration” and “shader antialising” in VorpX.
    – go through all graphics options in Skyrim’s menu, and try to switch them off one by one.

There were many cases, when switching off one single graphichs option ingame solved all my issues at ince. It must work for you too!

Apart from that, I’m afraid I don’t know anybody else trained in this matter, sorry.

Let me know, if you found the source of the problem.

Szabby
    Participant

One more note. Mods normally don’t have anny effect on your chances to play games on the Rfit. But since mods are different, sometimes it happens, that they affect the rendering methods pretty much, becouse they contain a deeper modification of the code and executables themselves (like for example some serious STALKER game mods). So you could try to uninstall your mod too (or make a fresh game install) and give it a try.

alexbridgeman
    Participant

Sadly still no luck:9 After deactivating all of my graphic shit like fxaa and water reflects and stuff still no luck:( I have everything else set to ultra, which my pc can normally run fine but…. Im so sad, I really wanted to enjoy this program but it seems that it is impossible. What would you recommend has a higher chance of fixing the problem, reinstalling vorpx or fiddling with settings endlessly hoping I will stumble upon the answer??

Szabby
    Participant

Hard to find the solution, becouse I would have to see the issue with my own eyes in order to be able to find out what the problem is.

Would you please answer the following questions:

1. What version of SDK did you install?
    2. Which lenses do you use, A or B?
    3. Did you go through the settings demo in OR serivce software?
    4. While in the game, did you try to alter IPD settings?
    5. Is your VorpX 0.7.5?
    6. What FOV do you use in Skyrim?
    7. Do you use geometry 3D or Z-buffered 3D in Skyrim?

As a matter of fact, I don’t think you problem is hard to solve. Oculus Rift is still an experimental device, so it needs to be constanlty tested to get the experience you desire. For example, I had tons of problems with STALKER games, it took me about 2 weeks to make them run properly, but now everything is great. So don’t worry.

alexbridgeman
    Participant

1. The latest, think its 1.4.4 or something
    2. I use lenses A
    3. The one with the desk? yes it works perfectly, as does everything else besides vorpX
    4. Are they the in game vorpx settings? Yes I did, to no avail. (the delete key ones)
    5. I downloaded it the day before last, so its the latest one.
    6. 120
    7./ Geometry 3D

alexbridgeman
    Participant

Thanks for your support buddy! You’re a great guy:D

Szabby
    Participant

Hi!

Not at all, and nevertheless, unfortunatelly I was not yet able to solve your problem. Although, I would like to.

What I asked: in Oculus Configuration utility there is “show demo scene”. This demo is for adjusting IPD. Did you go through this?

And besides: have you ever tried to switch geometry 3D to Z-buffer 3D?

Karlor
    Participant

Some video cards have an option to do the old style blue and red 3d. That could be some how activated? I do remember having this happen if I recall when I was messing with settings and other things. I cant remember if it was something in the fallout/skyrim options side or the vorpX side. I think it may have been when I was experimenting with alternate launchers for Fallout NV. I use the newest NVSE and the newest 4gb launcher to activate Fallout NV and vorpx works great with it. You can dial it in to be perfect with all the options vorpx has and the added performance from the memory patch is a must.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!