almost got everquest titanium working, but no vorpx menus

Homepage Forums Technical Support almost got everquest titanium working, but no vorpx menus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rich0550
    Participant

Hi,

I have vorpx hooking to evequest, you have to hold down the mouse to look around which is ok enough.

but no vorpx menu with Del key can come up, also alt+cntrl+shift nothing, i think combo keys all together are getting blocked, anyway to force the vorpx menu up or change its settings in and xml or ini file otherwise?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you are running the game windowed, make sure the window is in the foreground by clicking into it. Keys are only handled when a game runs in the foreground.

If that doesn‘t help, try a gamepad (left thumbstick) or motion controllers (left+right grip button). The menu can be navigated entirely with both gamepads and motion controllers.

rich0550
    Participant

Very cool that worked thanks
    The only way i can look around in game is by holding down the right mouse have you ever encountered such issue any idea to fix? its a bit jittery, i turned down headset sensitivity, but need some kind of smoothing setting is there such?
    Thanks!

btw it does say DX9 when starting. couple other things i tried many ways to get oculus to work it doesnt seem to even with steam vr set or oculus set, only windows mixed reality works hp reverb.

rich0550
    Participant

mystery continues why vorpX and EQ1 works with mixed reality but not oculus.

I have Open XR default for either, I tried open XR , generic, steam VR mode, with steam VR running and without, alternate hooking mode on and off. It does show the vorpX splash top left when starting, but it never sends video to headset.

rich0550
    Participant

Still messing with settings, for some reason when I switched to immersive mode, suddenly I did not need to hold down right mouse to look around anymore. That was great I then changed the headtracking sensitivity and it broke, after that now having again to hold down right again. Almost had that working. Any idea how to get that working again?

I have to sometimes toggle alternative hooking method on to get it to hook, sometimes off.

Quest 2 no way can get that to work, mixed reality yes.

Can’t zoom in far enough on screen, Geometry reconstruction only one that works the other puts the NPCs through the ground.

wish there was a way to edit a profile with notepad. Research continues.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Having to hold down the mouse button is probably the game’s default behavior for looking around with the mouse. Not sure about Everquest, but e.g. World of Warcraft behaves that way. Not much vorpX can do about that, but if you are lucky there is a menu option in the game settings that allows you to change that or lets you toggle between look around/not look around with a key instead of having to press it all the time. If not, there might be a mod maybe.

rich0550
    Participant

Thanks it must have been a glitch but suddenly it was working, there is probably some program out there that i can use to toggle down them right mouse with key combination. any idea why oculus would not work but WMR does? i have either set for open XR when using.

maybe can program it with Razor synapse also

Ralf
    Keymaster

Some automation tool might indeed help if the game doesn’t have a way to change the default behavior. I found this Reddit thread where someone talks about using Autohotkey, but I’m not sure whether they were successful.

rich0550
    Participant

Hi Ralf , I was able to make a hotkey macro for my Razor Tartarus gamepad that works, any idea why WMR works but Oculus does not? Do you plan on tweaking Dirx9 support in the future or is it pretty much as good as can be?

Senan
    Participant

Hi Ralf , I was able to make a hotkey macro for my Razor Tartarus gamepad that works, any idea why WMR works but Oculus does not? Do you plan on tweaking Dirx9 support in the future or is it pretty much as good as can be?

Did you ever get this working with Oculus on the Titanium client? I really want to use Vorpx on the P99 Everquest server but I can’t get it to hook to save my life.

Senan
    Participant

I feel like I’m so close to getting this to work on the Quest 2 but now whenever it tries to attach, it gives me an Oculus Runtime init failed error. Couldn’t connect to the OVR service (-3003). If I try to switch to SteamVR in the settings, instead of that error, it tells me that it can’t find the headset.

Any idea what might be causing this Ralf? I’m to the point where I’d be willing to pay to figure this out.

Greatly appreciate any help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!