Amnesia: Rebirth G3D is hurting my eyes

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Amnesia: Rebirth G3D is hurting my eyes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bennick
    Participant

Hi, I’m using BeardoBenjo’s profile for Amnesia: Rebirth (which is ostensibly built using a profile made for Soma) for my Oculus Quest 2. It seems like it works pretty well for the most part. The only issue I’m having is with the G3D. It seems pretty close to working, but when I turn my character, particularly near sort of complex 3d objects (I was testing a lot with the campfire with the pot in the first cave), the 3d looks kind of weird and it feels like I’m instinctively crossing my eyes to try to see it correctly? I’m not sure exactly how to describe what’s going on visually; part of my hypothesis is that maybe one eye is being rendered ever so slightly behind the other, but its really hard for me to tell.

I’ve been jabbing at all the settings I can find, but none seem to really do anything to fix this issue. I’m aware that this isn’t an official profile and that searching for details about Soma and Rebirth profiles have both made it sound like it’s just kind of destined to be weird due to it being an OpenGL engine, or something. I’m just sorta frustrated because I just came off of playing the FEAR series, which blew my mind with how well Vorpx was able to work with those games, and Rebirth seems really close but not quite there. I figured I’d post here to see if anyone can think of some good tweaks, or if I’m having a better time than most and just need to get over one little hump I’m not sure about.

PS I’m still fairly new to Vorpx and want to make it clear I am in no way crapping on the devs or this software. I can’t even imagine what it takes to make something like this.

Ogrescar
    Participant

That profile doesn’t work. It never has and never will. I admit to making the same mistake originally, but I put “does not work” in the description of the profile I uploaded, once it became clear that it was hosed. It uses some sort of weird alternate-eye presentation which gives the illusion of 3d when there is lateral motion, similar to the Pulfrich effect, but it is extremely difficult on the visual cortex.

There is no vorpx opengl profile that will work. I tried all of them but the game doesn’t implement the frame buffers required by any vorpx profile. Play the game pancake or use something like superdepth3dvr. And stay away from the Doom 2016 profile. It does the same thing.

jjensson
    Participant

Uh, there is no official profile for SOMA. I know because it’s one of my all time favorites and i can’t play it with VorpX :-(

Ogrescar
    Participant

The SOMA profile in the cloud actually works with SOMA, it just doesn’t work with anything else, AFAIK.

jjensson
    Participant

Thanks, i gotta try that.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I have been informed that the SOMA profile exhibits the same behavior – basically, it doesn’t work any better than the Amnesia Rebirth profile.

I apologize for the misinformation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!