Amnesia Rebirth

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles Amnesia Rebirth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ogrescar
    Participant

This profile is a bit weird and a little bit nauseating. I think it does alternate-eye presentation at half the target refresh rate you’ve set in game options. It’s the only OpenGL profile I could find that worked – most of them require delete-able frame buffers and this game doesn’t allow that.

You can modify your framerate by editing Documents\My Games\Amnesia Rebirth\Main\Default_user_settings.cfg and change RefreshRate to twice your target.

Smoils
    Participant

At first I was happy someone managed to get g3d since trying old amnesia profiles only got vorpx to hook and show no stereo image of the game.

There are weird artifacts and that thing you mentioned that alternates eyes, especially noticeable while moving, but 3d strength slider does nothing and switching geometry on and off seems not to change anything too.

I know eyes can play tricks on you trying to see stereo in vorpx, where you almost convince yourself its in stereo while its flat. While real 3d jumps at you right away, if its there, its there and there is no doubt. But to make absolutely sure I compared it to vr desktop + reshade z3d for opengl and reshade z3d is noticeable right away compared to this.

So unfortunately I have to conclude this profile (at least for me) has no stereo whatsoever.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I took another look and you are absolutely right. The weird effects were playing tricks on my eyes. I’ll update the profile with something along the lines of “I’m a dumbass and this doesn’t work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!