Announcement/Idea: Certified Author Program

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Announcement/Idea: Certified Author Program

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Jey123456:

If you have in-depth knowledge of shader programming, you can modifiy individual shaders. Currently DX9 only though and the feature isn’t really ready for primetime in any way currently, got somewhat stuck in early alpha state a year ago or so. But you can toy around with it if you want. Brief instructions are in the help (‘Shader Swapper’). None of that is final though, the whole feature is not production ready at all.

You’ll need an authoring key to use it currently. If you don’t have one, select one of your custom profiles in the config app, click ‘Request Authoring Key’ and follow the instructions.

Maichevsky
    Participant

That is a brilliant idea!!

HappyVorpxCustomer
    Participant

The users ParadiseDecay and dellrifter22 do a great job of including important information in the description or in the profile title, which helps users know if the profile supports G3D or Z3D as well as if any in-game settings need to be changed. I really hope they are being considered as Certified Authors.

I don’t know how other users feel about this, but knowing whether a profile supports G3D and/or DirectVR and if any in-game settings need to be changed is something I feel is very important. Official profiles do not have this information readily available like the cloud profiles can.

I may be alone on this, but I automatically disregard all cloud profiles with a blank description. I assume these profiles were made by users who imported a cloud profile, tweaked a few settings, then uploaded to cloud in case their computer fails and they lose the data.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!