Annoying problem

Homepage Forums Technical Support Annoying problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Zel1984
    Participant

I do not know if this is a VorpX problem or a game problem or a mod problem so i thought i would see if anyone here knows how i can fix it.

I am using VorpX with RDR2 and i have white text showing in the headset and on my monitor that says left and right (left in the left eye and right in the right eye, on monitor it shows whichever eye it is rendering to monitor), i cannot figure out how to get rid of it, anybody help me out? It is really annoying.

Zel1984
    Participant

I have tried using a different VR headset yet this problem persists, it’s like i have activated some sort of VR overlay or something, the word “Left” appears in the left eye in white text and the word “Right” appears in the right eye in white text, the two words are all meshed together when viewing with both eyes open as you would expect, i have no idea how to turn this bloody annoying thing off or how it even got turned on.

I removed all mods but still the problem remains and as i have tried multiple headsets that rules out them as a culprit which leaves me with the game or VorpX, as RDR2 isn’t a VR game i doubt it would be that causing this strange overlay thing to be showing in my headset, so does VorpX have such an overlay setting that i have accidentally turned on? if so how in the hell do i turn it off?

If it is not VorpX and if anyone knows what it is and how to turn it off would you kindly let me know so i can get rid of this annoying thing.

Zel1984
    Participant

Just a little extra information, this annoying left/right text only appears when fully in game, not in any menus or even the map screen, only when properly in game.

Zel1984
    Participant

Still not found a proper solution but i have managed to move the “left/right” text mostly out of view by using the hud scaling options in the VorpX menu, if anybody has a proper fix to get rid of this annoying text please let me know.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s only supposed to be visible for dev purposes, sorry. I probably forgot to disable it recently. Will be fixed in the next beta build.

Zel1984
    Participant

Ok thanks for letting me know Ralf.

willkiel66
    Participant

I have this issue. It seems to be during the cut scenes with Left over the Left image and Right over right over the Right image.

I manage to get the game working in the end. I have a 4070ti 7800x3d and RDR2 plays the beginning photos and then crashes due to not enough memory. I tried many graphic settings and it never seemed happy. Then I found out that if I agree to load it in safe mode and start the game it works, then during the game if I escape to the menu I can increase the graphics to the max on everything and it works fine. Ralf have you any idea why?

Zel1984
    Participant

It’s not just cut scenes for me, it is on the sceen all the time during play in the top left corner, i have moved it mostly out of sight by using the VorpX HUD scaling option but doing so means that when i want to look at the mini radar or prompts that pop up in the bottom right corner of the screen etc i have to go into edgepeek mode to see them.

I recently have been using the mods Bandit Hideouts & Rampage Trainer, give myself infinite dead eye, slow mo while aiming, a couple of bodyguards and then charge into bandit hideouts in slow mo gunning them all down with my posse, really fun. This game is still the best experience one can have in VR imo once you get your settings right.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!