Another annoying wish-list item, plus question

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Another annoying wish-list item, plus question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

The wish-list item: Just been playing FO3 again for a while and realized that a basic macro-function would be perfect. For example I want to either turn off 3D or enter into Edgepeak mode every time I bring up the Pip-boy. I want edgepeak to activate every time I enter VATS and turn off every time I exit. I end up doing all these things manually (I have one of those little keyboards attached to my XBox One controller, so it’s not too bad, as I can set custom hot-keys for accessing edgepeak etc.) But a basic macro-builder in vorpX itself would make things like that easier and more fluid.

And the question: Is there a good resource where I can see exactly what the default Index controller mappings and functions are for various games? It’s always been fairly confusing for me to try and figure out exactly how to utilize the Index controllers properly without having to resort to some functions on the keyboard, which is less than ideal for obvious reasons. It would actually help me to have a chart I could easily reference before playing a game.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not sure if I understand the question. Such a chart is pretty much built in, per default the current mapping is displayd as an overlay on the controllers ingame. Or do you mean something else?

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Not sure if I understand the question. Such a chart is pretty much built in, per default the current mapping is displayd as an overlay on the controllers ingame. Or do you mean something else?

Yeah, I was hoping maybe there was a PDF or other online resource that specified not the key-mapping, but the actual (default) in-game functions that a specific controller-action performs. I’m guessing you probably keep a database for yourself considering the number of games you support. Something we could reference like: Fallout 3: “Left Trigger = Pip Boy”, “Left Grip = Game Menu” instead of the in-game overlay which would say something like “Left Trigger = Tab” and “Left Grip = ESC” (or, whatever the mapping is.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!