anti-virus to use with vorpX?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion anti-virus to use with vorpX?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    no1453
    Participant

I was wondering what the experience of others was in how well different anti-virus programs work with vorpX. I’ve already run into two that, unpreventably, block part of the vorpX action, even when all their features were turned off, Bitdefender, and ZoneAlarm. I tried Comodo, but it seemed to be causing problems, not definitely sure about that one.
    I’ve just installed Norton Premier, and it seems to be no trouble (so far, crossing my fingers.)
    Anyone else have tips on which to avoid, and which work well, in your experience?

Ralf
    Keymaster

From a vorpX perspective I would recommend Windows Defender, which is quite good these days and only caused one issue in over three years now.

On the other end of the spectrum are Comodo and BitDefender which cause problems with every single new version until they finally whitelist it. Apparently these do not even allow their users to disable them unless the program is uninstalled. Comodo on top of that has a “protection” against injecting other programs, which is the very core of vorpX’s functionality. It can be deactivated, but that requires you to know the program very well. If you ever thought vorpX should be easier to handle, try Comodo…

So all things considered: use Windows Defender. In my opinion it finds a pretty solid balance between protection and invasiveness. Some others not so much.

If you want or have to use something else, exclude the vorpX program folder from scanning if possible (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX), which may spare you potential trouble with new vorpX versions until they get whitelisted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!