AntiAliasing in Source Games / G3D

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion AntiAliasing in Source Games / G3D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Blakestr
    Participant

Just wondering if there is any fix around this slow down other than disabling AA? Should I force it with my catalyst control center?

Ralf, you mentioned it was a bug that was fixed earlier…any chance on a update coming or a workaround method? Thanks!

Blakestr
    Participant

Also, changing AA in my video cards (CCC) settings did not seem to do anything, even when I made changes and restarted the program, (Garry’s Mod) in this case.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I thought I fixed that at some point in the past. Can’t promise anything, but I’ll look at it again.

A possible instant fix you can try yourself is running the games at higher resolutions to get a supersampling. Most Source games should run fast enough to make this a viable option.

Blakestr
    Participant

I’ve tried it but internally it is maxed out at 1920 x 1080….I couldn’t get the custom resolution thing to work either. (When I tried to reset to the new resolution it kept crashing my display drivers) I’m on a laptop with 2 gpu’s so maybe that’s the problem on the resolution settings…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try Dynamic Super Resolution (nVidia), respectively Virtual Super Resolution (AMD). Haven’t checked that with vorpX 0.9 yet, but is worth a try.

DSR Guide (nVidia):

VSR Guide (AMD):

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!