Any chance of full direct vr support for Resident evil 7?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Any chance of full direct vr support for Resident evil 7?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sark666
    Participant

I’ve waited over a year for Capcom to add vr support to the pc version, and it looks like that isn’t coming. I’ve played a bit in december in vorpx and it is ok, but I thought I’d wait for full support, now that I see that is probably not coming I was going to try vorpx again.

However, I’d be willing to wait longer if it would get full direct vr support (position, rotation, fov). Is there any chance of this? Not sure if the engine lends itself to this being easier than other games (maybe because the engine does support vr?) but I thought I’d ask.

If this was in the pipeline I’d wait further to play.

There are a lot of vr users who were looking forward to re7 in vr, so if it had full vr support it might give a boost in sales. Also would be nice if that shimmering separation bug could be fixed.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unlikely, can’t remember 100% why, but last time it was checked Direct VR scanning failed. It’s not possible for every game.

Recently normal positional tracking has been added to the game though, not sure whether you tried before or after that. Together with its low latency raw input rotation tracking the result is very close to full Direct VR support. Not much that could be improved in that department.

sark666
    Participant

Ok I just tried again tweaking this a little more and putting a custom nvidia res of 1920 x 1440 and it’s actually pretty damn good. More than playable.

” Together with its low latency raw input rotation ” Just want to confirm I’m using this, is this automatic or something I have to enable?

So the only negative really is the stereo separation doubling effect of what you are holding. Like the knife will have this shimmering see-through shadow that’s distracting. Is there any hope that can be fixed? The only way to get rid of it in game is to put the separation all the way down, but then it loses stereoscopic effect.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No dice with the hands/weapon glow so far unfortunately, sorry. I look at it from time to time out of sheer curiosity, but so far just couldn’t wrap my head around it. It shouldn’t be there.

Raw input is automatically active. It’s used in many newer games for mouse input and brings mouse based head tracking usually quite close to DirectVR latency wise.

sark666
    Participant

I remember when I used to play around with iz3d for stereoscopic output on a monitor. I just played around with anaglyph glasses, but a lot of fps had a pronounced separation problem on the weapons if one set the depth too wide (to create a strong 3d effect). It wasn’t a graphic glitch like this, just that the weapons were difficult to focus on with the two images of the weapons so far apart. Anyway, I remember iz3d had some fps weapon fix. Not sure exactly what it did behind the scenes, but it minimized the separation of the weapons while allowing the user to set strong 3d depth. Not sure if anything like that can be done here, as a hack or something. Hopefully one day it can be fixed.

Thanks for the quick replies and I’m just thankful that I have a way to play re7 in vr!

haints
    Participant

Anyway, I remember iz3d had some fps weapon fix. Not sure exactly what it did behind the scenes, but it minimized the separation of the weapons while allowing the user to set strong 3d depth. Not sure if anything like that can be done here, as a hack or something. Hopefully one day it can be fixed.

Me too. It’s the only thing keeping me from playing it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!