Any progress on supporting newer OpenGL versions?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any progress on supporting newer OpenGL versions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zarkov
    Participant

I was wondering if any progress has been made on supporting newer versions of OpenGL. Vorp Currently only supports OpenGl 2.0. I’ve read a few treads over the years that further openGL might be possible but where a low priority as it would only allow support for a few popular but very old titles. I think that comment was from 2020 or so.

So I was wondering if anything has been done on this subject or is it still on the back burner due to demands for support in newer titles?

Ralf
    Keymaster

OpenGL support is not an “official” part of vorpX, otherwise it would be called vorpGLX. ;)

OpenGL has always been and always will be more of a personal pet project, so don’t hold your breath for anything in that regard. Support for newer, shader based OpenGL versions may happen at some point, but may also never happen at all.

Zarkov
    Participant

Thanks for the update, I wasn’t really expecting much. Looking at the forum there’s definitely way more request for modern games

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!